JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

11-27-2008, 11:45 PM

SHAD0W please, I just want to know what page you think I coped and pasted from. I swear I wrote all of this, I even sent a bit of it to MMM before it was finished so ask him!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Harold (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Well you havent looked hard enough..

Yar what now? /a/? I speak English and Japanese but none of your forward slash place random letter stuff?
He's talking about 4chan boards.

Quote:
What website did you copy this from?

EDIT: Found it myself. its directly squished in from wikipedia - no wonder its wrong.. I've never known anyone to write "ヒラガナ" ?

Why do you assume that people from JF cannot use Google? If they cant use google to find stuff like this then they certainly aint gonna read your copypasta - never mind study it.
Whoa, he's just trying to bring it all into one place and make it easier for beginners to find it... There's no need to get all mad about it.

I
沖縄           My blog
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUNIO View Post
SHAD0W please, I just want to know what page you think I coped and pasted from. I swear I wrote all of this, I even sent a bit of it to MMM before it was finished so ask him!
I wasn't blasting you with saying your a copycat, just saying the kana bit looked mighty familiar. Dont trust wiki, its usually wrong and I wouldnt want anyone to be studing improper japanese and sounding like a tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
He's talking about 4chan boards.
Haha yeah ive head of that.. but no, i do things like go outside and I have a girlfriend so no need for such a website lmao

Quote:
Whoa, he's just trying to bring it all into one place and make it easier for beginners to find it... There's no need to get all mad about it.
Mad? Haha you ain't seen nuthin yet..

Its good that hes trying to help others but the message I'm trying to get across is he could be studying himself rather than wasting time compiling such a detailed guide when if someone wants to learn they can easiliy find such information themselves..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

11-28-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Its good that hes trying to help others but the message I'm trying to get across is he could be studying himself rather than wasting time compiling such a detailed guide when if someone wants to learn they can easiliy find such information themselves..
Yes, but what if everyone thought that way SHAD0W? Oh, I don't need to write a guide and help others, someone else can do it. Then there would be no guides at all. I wanted to contribute, it is not wasting time it is helping others. All this content was written by me, except of course the quotes, which is why they are quoted! And I wrote the guide because beginners can relate to it, if you looked past the Wikipedia quote you would have read that...
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, but what if everyone thought that way SHAD0W? Oh, I don't need to write a guide and help others, someone else can do it. Then there would be no guides at all. I wanted to contribute, it is not wasting time it is helping others. All this content was written by me, except of course the quotes, which is why they are quoted! And I wrote the guide because beginners can relate to it, if you looked past the Wikipedia quote you would have read that...
I know what your trying to do but someone has already filled that gap a thousand times.. Even I had a go..

Japanese girl looking for English help in exchange of japanese!

Even added a decieving title so I'd be sure to get my target audience.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Harold (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-28-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Haha yeah ive head of that.. but no, i do things like go outside and I have a girlfriend so no need for such a website lmao
You can have a look at websites and go outside while having a girlfriend... Trust me...

I
沖縄           My blog
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-28-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
You can have a look at websites and go outside while having a girlfriend... Trust me...
Yeah but I was told you gotta be a virgin to go on 4chan..

Counts me out, but if I was given the choice between Our Lass and an imageboard full of nerds who can't talk to girls without dialing 0900.. I know which I'd choose.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

11-28-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W
I know what your trying to do but someone has already filled that gap a thousand times.. Even I had a go..

Japanese girl looking for English help in exchange of japanese!

Even added a decieving title so I'd be sure to get my target audience.
Yes, people have filled that gap, and others have tried. But why can I not add more to the Internet? There is already tons of Japanese information and resources, and my guide is just another one. I hope to improve it over time and create more, and then maybe it will become more popular and I'll create a site, or a book. You never know, and I like to apply myself, so I am going to try.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-28-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
But why can I not add more to the Internet? I hope to improve it over time and create more, and then maybe it will become more popular and I'll create a site, or a book. You never know, and I like to apply myself, so I am going to try.
Awesome. Good Luck!

Pro Tip: Don't stick a $1000000 price tag on it like GENKI

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

11-28-2008, 01:19 AM

There is a little discrepancy, Japanese sentence order is not necessarily Subject, Object, Verb. A grammatically correct sentence in Japanese can be written or spoken with a single verb. The only real rule is that the verb always comes at the end of the sentence. Subject and object are interchangeable, depending on how particles are used; particles are what define the grammatical function of a word, not it's order in the sentence, right?