JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Friends, could you help me with these 3 sentences (again)? - 05-18-2009, 09:13 PM

As ever, I have to annoy you with my doubts, sorry.
The use of parenthesis and intern dialogue are much complexe for me.
Could you say me if I understood the sentences?
連載と同時期に企画スタートしたために,その企画書で は ,悪の一味どしてNosferatusの登場を示唆しているものの[戦争を中心に宝物をめぐる10人のhuntersのバトルロイヤル ]をうたっている(番宣資料や,OP,EDなどで10人のhunters が 登 場 しているのは,そうした企画時の流れによるものと 思 わ れ る ) 。
it says that the project began right after the serialization and thought the Nosferatus insertion was suggested, the theme of musics focused the 10 hunters in OP and ED.
Am I right?

テレビアニメ[Garuda]は,ロボットもの,キャグもの,魔女っ子ものetcといったこ れまでのアニメーションのどのカテゴリーにも属さない 作品(ファンタジーという言葉ですらこの頃 は一般 的 で は なかった時代である)であったため,スポンサー向けには, そのカテゴライズとしてロボットアニメの延 長 線 上 , あ る い は ロボットアニメに代わるものという認識で企画 は 進 め ら れ て い た。

For the sponsors the animation was very advanced (high risk) because it did not belong to usual categories of animes (about robots,witchs etc.). And even the word in katakana "Fantasy" is relatively unknow until today.

Is that, friends?

また,本作の製作にあたり,光学合成用のマスク 処 理 の 機 械 を新たに導入するなど,通常のテレビ シリーズ で は考 えられない破格の製作体制でスタートした。

I did not understand these technical terms like "optic mask"; Sorry, but I have no idea about what it says.

Thank you very much, my friends.
Sorry for always annoy you (but you are my last resource).

Last edited by kenshiromusou : 05-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-19-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshiromusou View Post
連載と同時期に企画スタートしたために,その企画書で は ,悪の一味どしてNosferatusの登場を示唆しているものの[戦争を中心に宝物をめぐる10人のhuntersのバトルロイヤル ]をうたっている(番宣資料や,OP,EDなどで10人のhunters が 登 場 しているのは,そうした企画時の流れによるものと 思 わ れ る ) 。
it says that the project began right after the serialization and thought the Nosferatus insertion was suggested, the theme of musics focused the 10 hunters in OP and ED.
Am I right?

テレビアニメ[Garuda]は,ロボットもの,キャグもの,魔女っ子ものetcといったこ れまでのアニメーションのどのカテゴリーにも属さない 作品(ファンタジーという言葉ですらこの頃 は一般 的 で は なかった時代である)であったため,スポンサー向けには, そのカテゴライズとしてロボットアニメの延 長 線 上 , あ る い は ロボットアニメに代わるものという認識で企画 は 進 め ら れ て い た。

For the sponsors the animation was very advanced (high risk) because it did not belong to usual categories of animes (about robots,witchs etc.). And even the word in katakana "Fantasy" is relatively unknow until today.

Is that, friends?

また,本作の製作にあたり,光学合成用のマスク 処 理 の 機 械 を新たに導入するなど,通常のテレビ シリーズ で は考 えられない破格の製作体制でスタートした。

I did not understand these technical terms like "optic mask"; Sorry, but I have no idea about what it says.
1. I'm afraid I'm not quite convinced that you understood the structure of this sentence, which unfortunately doesn't represent the best of Japanese writing. Then again, I may be just being fooled by your drastic summarization.

This (project) started around the same time as the serialization.

Even though the Nosferatus insertion is suggested in the project report, it states that the new project is about "the battle royal among the ten war-time treasure hunters ".

(The speaker thinks that because of this flow of things at the conception, the Ten Hunters appear in the program ads, OP and ED.)

2. The word ファンタジー has been in heavy use for a few decades already.

Your summarization of the first half of the original is fine. All that one is left unsure about is the last half, which is about how the creators explained the new series to the sponsors. Between the sponsors and the creators, the project was moved forward with the common understanding that the new idea was an extention of the robot anime or it was to replace the "old" robot anime.

3. "This series started with the unprecedented production conditions (money matters) that were simply unthinkable for a usual TV series, most significantly represented by the purchase of the optical compositition masking device."

The optical masking seems to be a technique used to maximize the visual clarity.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2009, 01:52 AM

Nagoyankee, thank you very much! You always save me here.
But can you explain me the second question again?
I cant understand why "Fantasy" is inserted in context (if its the new genere of anime or if its because music has the word in katakana).
I ask you and once more annoy you here, can you give me your translation? because I dont get "to tie" the first half with this part about Fantasy.
Thank you very much.
Always I see parenthesis in japanese text, I get afraid.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-19-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshiromusou View Post
But can you explain me the second question again?
I cant understand why "Fantasy" is inserted in context (if its the new genere of anime or if its because music has the word in katakana).
I ask you and once more annoy you here, can you give me your translation? because I dont get "to tie" the first half with this part about Fantasy.
Before I post my translation, let us discuss a couple of issues so that we are on common ground. I must admit that I know very little about anime and I certainly know nothing about Garuda.

My translation will be conducted on the assumptions that:
1. "Garuda" is an anime title or at least part of one.
2. It falls under the category "Fantasy" at least in the Japanese sense of the word in case there are discrepanicies in the meanings between the two languages.
3. Sponsors always want to know exactly what kind of a work it is that they are investing in. When the work is of a completely new kind, it's difficult to explain it to them.

If these items are true and valid, my translation will be:

"The TV anime, Garuda, was a work that didn't belong in any of the categories of anime that existed at the time, such as Robots, Gags, and Sorceresses. It was a time when the word "Fantasy" was not even generally known. This is why, for the sponsors, the project was moved forward with the common understanding that the new idea (category) was an extention of the robot anime or it was to replace the "old" robot anime."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2009, 03:42 AM

Nagoyankee! 素晴しいことです!
Thank you very much, it's perfect.
I thought you had said "Fantasy was generally known", it broke my head here.
Thank you very much, my friend!
Now I have peace for to sleep.
When I see ( ) in japanese text, I know I'll have more problems