JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Friends (Nagoyankee), could you help me with these sentences (again)? - 05-31-2009, 07:41 AM

Friends (probably Nagoyankee) , sorry for annoy you again and again...
I have some doubts here; could you help me to sort it out?

1 - クール目突入とともに制作されたポスター。
I didnt understand if "one poster impressed with 3 colors was produced" or 3 posters. I imagine its "one poster". Wich is the correct?

2- 具体的にではなく相性といいますか,[この作品ならば,自分が今まで物作りの中で培ってきた も の を 試せる!]という感じですね。
I didnt understand the first half; does he say : "more than affinity, I felt the sensation I could to use the know-how (all technics) I learned in career" - is it?

3- Miura-senseiが描く絵は,髪の毛にも内に秘めたものを感じさ せ る。
だから,やみくもにキャラクターを動かすというのでは な く,髪の毛だけを動かすことで緊張感を演出したりも し ま した。
"the drawings of Miura-sensei brings to the surface until the feeling we hide under hair" - "For to express it, was used a technic for to show the moviment of hair, and not only the moviments of characters" - is it correct?
is it (髪の毛にも内に秘めたものを感じさせる。) some idiossincratic japanese phrase for to describe a very comovent thing? This is hard for to understand, sorry;

4 - だから,armourとかも二色のところを三段影なんかつ け て い るんですが,そうなると,彩色さんとかは音を 上 げて し ま う ん で す よ。
was used a technic with 3 steps for color the armous and other things with 2 colors? it it? Sorry here, but I never understand well the polissemical meanings of the kanji 影.

5- 自分自身も年齢的キャリア的にも一番脂が乗りきってい ましたし。
He speaks that, in all its career, that one was the period where he got more fat? is it?

Thank you very much and sorry for annoy you with my baka questions.

Last edited by kenshiromusou : 05-31-2009 at 07:47 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-31-2009, 11:40 PM

I have to say you're trying to read something way beyond your current Japanese level. Not sure if this is good for your studies in the long run. Just a thought.

1 - クール目突入とともに制作されたポスター。
I didnt understand if "one poster impressed with 3 colors was produced" or 3 posters. I imagine its "one poster". Wich is the correct?

Where is the number 3? It has to be at the very beginning, my instincts tell me. And where is the word "color" and "impress"? This is not a sentence but a noun phrase.

"The poster produced at the beginning of Seaon 3."

2- 具体的にではなく相性といいますか,[この作品ならば,自分が今まで物作りの中で培ってきた も の を 試せる!]という感じですね。
I didnt understand the first half; does he say : "more than affinity, I felt the sensation I could to use the know-how (all technics) I learned in career" - is it?

Did you summarize? The original says much more than that.

"It's nothing concrete; It's only something one might call 'compatibility', which is like a feeling that, with this particular work, I can test out whatever I've cultivated through my creations so far."

3- Miura-senseiが描く絵は,髪の毛にも内に秘めたものを感じさ せ る。
だから,やみくもにキャラクターを動かすというのでは な く,髪の毛だけを動かすことで緊張感を演出したりも し ま した。
"the drawings of Miura-sensei brings to the surface until the feeling we hide under hair" - "For to express it, was used a technic for to show the moviment of hair, and not only the moviments of characters" - is it correct?
is it (髪の毛にも内に秘めたものを感じさせる。) some idiossincratic japanese phrase for to describe a very comovent thing? This is hard for to understand, sorry;

No, that isn't an idiosyncractic phrase. Just take it literally. You probably got the general meaning this time.

"The drawings by Miura-sensei enable you to feel what's hidden even inside one's hair. That's why he didn't (have to) move the whole character because he was capable of directing the tensions just by moving the hair."

4 - だから,armourとかも二色のところを三段影なんかつ け て い るんですが,そうなると,彩色さんとかは音を 上 げて し ま う ん で す よ。
was used a technic with 3 steps for color the armous and other things with 2 colors? it it? Sorry here, but I never understand well the polissemical meanings of the kanji 影.

You didn't get the structure or the meaning of this line, I must say. I take it that armour is a character's name. If it isn't, please make adjustments in my translation.

"So, he used 3-step gradation instead of 2 colors to draw something like armour, but when he did that it sent the guy in charge of the coloring screaming."

5- 自分自身も年齢的キャリア的にも一番脂が乗りきってい ましたし。
He speaks that, in all its career, that one was the period where he got more fat? is it?

Before asking someone if that makes sense, did you ask yourself about the "he got more fat" part? If English speakers say that the same way Japanese speakers do, I apologize.

"I was at the prime with regards to my age and career."

一番脂が乗りきっている > This phrase comes from the best time to eat a certain fish. The best time is when it's fattest. We use the phrase to describe how a person is performing in his work.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kenshiromusou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-01-2009, 01:48 AM

Nagoyankee, thank you very much and sorry for annoy you; looks I really bothered you this time.

1 - I forgot to put the 3 before the first phrase, so it was:
3クール目突入とともに制作されたポスター。
I confused this "cool" (クール) with "color.
Sorry for ask your help without to put the correct integral phrase;

3- I thought it could be an idiosyncractic phrase.

4 - Medieval armours - steel vestments.

5 - It caught me completly, he talks about the "weight of tension at that time" after it.
Ichiban "abura", ichiban "yani", ichiban "shi"... Excuse me, at my ridiculous level, I can't do almost nothing without "furigana".

Once more, forgive me for to annoy you - I had the wrong liberty to use your name coz you always helped me here.
Thank you very much;