(#21 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-28-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewindDude View Post
Lol... relentless as usual...

Isn't "weeaboo" a nonsense word anyways? Contextually, I get the meaning that it's derogatory towards just about anything Japanese though...
Haha, I like that word "relentless." Can you tell me it in Japanese so I can yell it at random times? Heh.

It's a nonsense word, but it's taken directly from a comic: The Perry Bible Fellowship

I was just kidding, though. I'd hoped my superironical and goofy random capitalization would help. Darn Internet, hiding my jestations.

(Hopefully no one says I misspelled "gestations"!)
(#22 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-28-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
If not, あきらめねぇぞ!would be pretty cool. Go ahead and install the Japanese language pack from your windows disc.

hmm... to translate his hiragana he says : akirame nee zo
as to how that translates in english..... i've no idea
but akirame = abandonment
according to my dictionary anyway x.x'''
あきらめる means "to give up." あきらめない means "I do not give up" or "I will not give up." あきらめねぇ is sort of a "cool, macho guy's way" of saying it, although I think in recent years many girls have begun speaking like that, too. Frequently, in a tad slangy speech, people turn あい into ええ. Making the second え into ぇ is just mimicking how they do manga speech. The ぜ is a sentence-ending particle that means almost the same thing as よ, although you would not use ぜ outside of casual conversation. Or, at least, I wouldn't.

If you are a fan of Ranma 1/2, watch the ending song from one of the early seasons in which each character takes turn singing a couple lines. Male Ranma says "おめぇ、かわいくねぇんだよ!" This is a macho way of saying おまえはかわいくないんだよ. YouTube - Ranma 1/2 end.4 30 seconds in, check it. No subs, sorry. This show holds a dear place in my heart, because I learned a lot of vocabulary there and from translating the manga when I was in seventh or eighth grade and had never taken a class. I think listening to the show in middle school gave me the ear for Japanese and paved the way for my ability to pick it up (relatively) easily once I entered uni. This was, of course, all when I was a rancid weeaboo back in the day.

If you cannot tell, I'm trying to balance out my negative, frustrated posts with positive, helpful ones to remind readers that I'm a nice guy who just has very little patience for people who remind me of myself when I was in junior high. Very awkward and stupid was I! (I still have a binder upon which I scribbled "日本人です" in seventh grade. Yeesh!)

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 08-28-2009 at 04:41 PM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-28-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
あきらめる means "to give up." あきらめない means "I do not give up" or "I will not give up." あきらめねぇ is sort of a "cool, macho guy's way" of saying it, although I think in recent years many girls have begun speaking like that, too. Frequently, in a tad slangy speech, people turn あい into ええ. Making the second え into ぇ is just mimicking how they do manga speech. The ぜ is a sentence-ending particle that means almost the same thing as よ, although you would not use ぜ outside of casual conversation. Or, at least, I wouldn't.

If you cannot tell, I'm trying to balance out my negative, frustrated posts with positive, helpful ones to remind readers that I'm a nice guy who just has very little patience for people who remind me of myself when I was in junior high. Very awkward and stupid was I! (I still have a binder upon which I scribbled "日本人です" in seventh grade. Yeesh!)
ermm... yeaah..... =.=''''
i.... kinda made certain to rid myself (and the world) of any evidence of my... nihongo scribbles.... from way back when....
when i used to scribble "ooki sakana jin" on everything... for some reason...
>.>''
hatsukashii.... =.=

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-28-2009, 06:00 PM

We have successfully scared off another user. Nice work gents.
Closed Thread