JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
Finally got a Japanese Course at my college!!! - 09-10-2009, 06:05 PM

I'm so excited! (That's why I haven't been around since...like...Marchish? lol college ^^..not that you remember me anyways, but I'm rambling.) I was going to just get my associate's from this college, and then transfer for a 4 year with Spanish... I'm on a 4 year scholarship from IL for any state recognized institution(I have to stay in IL for it, only sucky part). Anyways, I went to the student activities office for a catalog, and low and behold...Conversational Japanese I!! Professor name, Y. Tamayo <==Happy because she's actually Japanese..and after speaking with her, she's a native so even more yay!

So..I'm planning to keep going for spanish...but I may modify that now. Since I received my award letter for the scholarship, I've been looking at North Central College since it offers Japanese as the major. I have my own personal limitations keeping me from running completely out of state, so this is perfect for me since I don't have to settle. ^-^

I just wanted to share my happiness, rofl.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Banzai (Offline)
日本バンザイ~!

Send a message via MSN to Banzai
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM

Wow, this is very good news. I'm glad that you found something that you wanted. I remember finding out my school had a Japanese course. Our teacher wasn't Japanese but she lived there for 7 years. Anyways, it so happened that the year that I took the course we where invited to go on a Japan trip with another high school.

Always nice to find out things like this.

>>>SOSDefinition<<<

私は日本語より多く学ぶことが開始されます。
(#3 (permalink))
Old
osakan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to osakan
おめでとう! - 09-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoko View Post
I'm so excited! (That's why I haven't been around since...like...Marchish? lol college ^^..not that you remember me anyways, but I'm rambling.) I was going to just get my associate's from this college, and then transfer for a 4 year with Spanish... I'm on a 4 year scholarship from IL for any state recognized institution(I have to stay in IL for it, only sucky part). Anyways, I went to the student activities office for a catalog, and low and behold...Conversational Japanese I!! Professor name, Y. Tamayo <==Happy because she's actually Japanese..and after speaking with her, she's a native so even more yay!

So..I'm planning to keep going for spanish...but I may modify that now. Since I received my award letter for the scholarship, I've been looking at North Central College since it offers Japanese as the major. I have my own personal limitations keeping me from running completely out of state, so this is perfect for me since I don't have to settle. ^-^

こんにちは
知らない人だけどスレ読んだらおめでとうといいたくな った
何か手伝えることあったら遠慮なく~。
hi i dont know who you are but just wanted to say Grats after reading your thread. enjoy your japanese course and let me know if theres something i can help. no hesitate~^^

with all the best
(#4 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoko View Post

I am on the same kind of deal but i have to go in oklahoma. My school offers japanese, but only for beginner to intermediate level.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

09-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Well you are lucky! There was a Japanese class available at my college for one year. Since they didn't get enough interested people, they dropped it...

Oh well... it was just a beginner's class anyways.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

09-10-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I am on the same kind of deal but i have to go in oklahoma. My school offers japanese, but only for beginner to intermediate level.
If you can manage to get out of state without going too far, Kansas has an excellent Japanese program that has a study abroad option as well. Three of my friends came out of the program with great Japanese, and one even became a Japanese TA for a while his Japanese was so good. Passed JLPT1 long before he started teaching.

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 09-11-2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: fixed typo
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
09-11-2009, 12:28 AM

Thanks! I'm really excited, but I don't receive course credits for these, so it's pretty much my own personal drive that's going to have to get me through this...and the fact that I've already got a 17 credit hour course load, lol.

Doumo arigatou, Osakan-san!! I'd type back in Japanese, but my laptop had to be reformatted and I haven't put the language pack back yet. ^^;; So I can't read what you said..it's all "?????" Gomen nasai.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))