JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2008, 10:40 PM

I don't care about the movie's inconsitencies from the anime. I'm gonna watch this movie and i know it will be great. Let's just say that this movie a modernized DragonBall and made more realistic in terms of storyline. Just like Batman Begins and Dark Knight.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#152 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2008, 10:53 PM

I just can't allow myself to pay $8.50 for an hour and a half of bad cosplay and ruining a great cartoon. I swear they've quit trying...

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#153 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-13-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I just can't allow myself to pay $8.50 for an hour and a half of bad cosplay and ruining a great cartoon. I swear they've quit trying...
You don't have to be too negative because this movie didnt follow every detail from the anime. We just saw the trailer and I think it's really unfair to judge this movie because of bad costumes and bad hairstyles. Honestly, I wouldnt watch this movie if everything from the anime is followed, like the costumes, that's just like watching guys in a costume party that are suddenly called to do a movie. And besides, this is america, and the majority of people here doesnt like animes.

(#154 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-13-2008, 11:53 PM

I agree. I already heard about this, and I've seen that trailer. I watched the anime when I was a kid, but I don't have any close connections to it. Distance yourself from the anime/manga, and try looking at it agian.

I love the actor playing Goku. idk if I like him as Goku, but he's awesome. Especially in the way he talks (it's like every word he says has sucha meaning behind it). However, I hate that they've done his hair like that. Dreadful. If they were going to make the movie different then the anime, I'd expect the crazy hairstyles to change as well xP

But, I think I might like this movie, really. Well....I won't hate it, at least =3
(#155 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
You don't have to be too negative because this movie didnt follow every detail from the anime. We just saw the trailer and I think it's really unfair to judge this movie because of bad costumes and bad hairstyles. Honestly, I wouldnt watch this movie if everything from the anime is followed, like the costumes, that's just like watching guys in a costume party that are suddenly called to do a movie. And besides, this is america, and the majority of people here doesnt like animes.
I'm always negative! To me this looks like a Disney Channel Original. Just some cheap knockoff. If they can't even get the characters' looks right, no amount of explosions can save the film. I never understand American directors' penchant for taking good things and saying "I could do it better." Usually, it's worse.

MAXIMUM VIPER
(#156 (permalink))
Old
RoninDistance (Offline)
Dreaming of the Osaka Sun

12-14-2008, 12:26 AM

Dragon Ball Z is probably one of my favorite anime, and while I would have loved a "real" DBZ film, after seeing the trailer, I must admit I'm impressed. It will suck, no doubt, but not as much as I expected. KAMEHAMEHA!!!!
(#157 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-14-2008, 02:54 AM

just remember they made a movie on dragonball before following the original storyline and trying to make the characters look like the anime and manga, and it bombed horribly. this version of dragonball might be better if nothing else. we'll just have to wait and see

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#158 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I'm always negative! To me this looks like a Disney Channel Original. Just some cheap knockoff. If they can't even get the characters' looks right, no amount of explosions can save the film. I never understand American directors' penchant for taking good things and saying "I could do it better." Usually, it's worse.
I remember another Batman film, they made all the caharcters look like the comic book characters and how did it turn? That movie is like the gayest batman ever! So same thing in this movie, there is once a chinese Dragonball movie, their costumes are right and everything except the movie sucked so bad. Cheap knockoff? This is like a $100,000,000 movie. Maybe you should give Hollywood a second thought because admit it or not nothing can beat Hollywood, i mean, Japan could have made their own version of a Dragonball film but they know that no one will watch it with the fact that it will be in Japanese language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
just remember they made a movie on dragonball before following the original storyline and trying to make the characters look like the anime and manga, and it bombed horribly. this version of dragonball might be better if nothing else. we'll just have to wait and see
OH FOR GOD's SAKE! That movie is so horrible, Oh my GOD! That's all i can say.

(#159 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
I remember another Batman film, they made all the caharcters look like the comic book characters and how did it turn? That movie is like the gayest batman ever! So same thing in this movie, there is once a chinese Dragonball movie, their costumes are right and everything except the movie sucked so bad. Cheap knockoff? This is like a $100,000,000 movie. Maybe you should give Hollywood a second thought because admit it or not nothing can beat Hollywood, i mean, Japan could have made their own version of a Dragonball film but they know that no one will watch it with the fact that it will be in Japanese language.
You present an interesting point, my good sir. I might just give it a try... I mean, how bad could it be?

MAXIMUM VIPER
(#160 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-14-2008, 05:42 AM

Aint that the truth. now all we need is a Gantz movie directed by steven speilberg

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
Closed Thread