LinkBack Thread Tools
(#211 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-22-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
You still don't seam to have read the whole thing, or if you did, then you apparently did not understand what I wrote there... Let me pinpoint it out for you:
+ As I also wrote, I would not mind the alterations of the story, but what I do mind is the fact that they introduced new and completely unneeded concepts that are often completely controversial to the real deal.

PS. And in case you missed that too, Yes, I have seen the movie.
Well, are'nt we used yet in how hollywood does it? That's just something you can never take away from Hollywood. Everytime they adapt something, there's always something new. That's just how it is. Whether we like it or not, Hollywood makes the best movies.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#212 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
03-22-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
Well, are'nt we used yet in how hollywood does it? That's just something you can never take away from Hollywood. Everytime they adapt something, there's always something new. That's just how it is. Whether we like it or not, Hollywood makes the best movies.
I truly hope you are missing the point on purpose...

Forget it.

(#213 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

03-23-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Bwahaha...man I laughed so hard at that last sentence.
Thank you for cheering me up.
(#214 (permalink))
Old
syaoran30 (Offline)
New to JF

03-25-2009, 02:13 AM

i seen the movie and it was crappy hollywood spent about 100 mil on this and thats the best they could do. people who aint fans of dragonball or never seen it will probably like this but for us real fans its a big disappointment.
(#215 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
03-27-2009, 06:58 PM

I watched the previews and it looks LAME, sorry but it seems that, that movie is the reason I avoid movie theatres. Id rather just watch DBZ on DVD and avoid this whole movie in general

PS most americanized things get ruined in the process unfortunately, they should just leave the classic animes alone. IMO

Rest in peace Kyle <3

Last edited by minimin : 03-27-2009 at 07:04 PM.
(#216 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2009, 07:26 PM

No kidding.

It seems like there would have been at least ONE Dragon Ball fan working on the movie... but apparently nobody there had a damn clue.

Akira Toriyama said some comments about this movie.

“As the original creator, I had a feeling of “Huh?” upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but “ultra” high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!”

Bandai recently announced "Dragon Ball Evolution" for PSP.

(#217 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2009, 09:51 PM

First of all, why would they sell the rights to hollywood if they think theyw ould ruin the movie? They could have made a drgaonball movie of their own and make it look exactly like the anime but no, they sold it to 20th century fox because they know Hollywood can make it better than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Bwahaha...man I laughed so hard at that last sentence.
Thank you for cheering me up.
Lol, I'd take everything back if you can give me an international movie that was never shown in Hollywood that gross more money than a typical Brad Pitt film.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"

Last edited by superheel : 03-27-2009 at 10:45 PM.
(#218 (permalink))
Old
00Weaville (Offline)
JF Regular

03-27-2009, 11:54 PM

The movie for fans of the series would be disappointed...I was. People watching it for the first time would find it to be ok ish...Made me laugh at all the errors and their idea of things. 2/10
(#219 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-28-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Lol, I'd take everything back if you can give me an international movie that was never shown in Hollywood that gross more money than a typical Brad Pitt film.

This is exactly Anikis point.

How much a movie earns has nothing to do with the quality of the film.
(#220 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
First of all, why would they sell the rights to hollywood if they think theyw ould ruin the movie? They could have made a drgaonball movie of their own and make it look exactly like the anime but no, they sold it to 20th century fox because they know Hollywood can make it better than them.
The answer is obvious.

Money....
Closed Thread