(#241 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-12-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Am I right or am I right?
Why do you think so meny companies put out shovel ware on Wii? It's cheap to develop for, main users are kids who'll play anything & it has the highest number of units sold and that links directly to crap movie tie in games.

Studios make a profit by lisencing a project to a studio & giving them 6 months to make it & throw it out to coencide with the movie, so that the Marketing for them both can be tied together, hence why most movie tie ins are so buggy, crap & problemattic cos the studio suffers a lack of time, manpower, testing & debug.

Plus.. DB was gonna be god awful anyways, we could see that from the start. There was no need to make a game of it. All we need is for them to make a game of Street Fighter: Legend Of Chun-Li and I have all the reasons I need to kill myself.

Whoa, OK you have got to stop talking video game industry with me, lol

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#242 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-13-2009, 05:37 AM

SO basically I'm right.

猿も木から落ちる
(#243 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

04-13-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAtHeart View Post
All I know is I would not get Dragonball out of that trailer. Who came up with the white Goku idea?

They're trying to ruin my childhood, seriously. It looks like a not-well-thought-out action movie.
i thought Goku was white? if the anime character was black then i can understand.

actually, i dont think the movie was that bad, i just dont think you can make a story this epic into a 1 hour movie. kinda like the lord of the rings. if jackson put all three movies into one 3 hour movie, then that would suck. but maybe they skipped things to get to better parts in the sequel. and i think it would be hard to transform piccolo into a real person. if they made him look like the cartoon character even by using CG, i would have called that an epic fail. the only reason i liked it was because i enjoy movies that are written without retardedness. im not saying it was the greatest movie, just that it didnt confuse you like some other movies. but i still say the day the earth stood still sucks so bad

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#244 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

04-13-2009, 10:45 AM

LOTR was a film about a load of guys going for a walk. for 3 hours. dude, even nature shows are more epic. The longer they'd of strung that out the worse it would have been.

Dragonball was epic as it was, there was no need for a live action, least of all an american live action when all they wanted to do is milk a big selling series rather than make something the true fans would enjoy.

Says it all..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#245 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Feels like I'm looking at a Power Ranger villain. o_O
(#246 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

04-13-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Feels like I'm looking at a Power Ranger villain. o_O
LOL no they actually looked better.

They could have borrowed Goldar's costume and gotten a better Oozaru!

(#247 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

04-13-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
LOTR was a film about a load of guys going for a walk. for 3 hours. dude, even nature shows are more epic. The longer they'd of strung that out the worse it would have been.

Dragonball was epic as it was, there was no need for a live action, least of all an american live action when all they wanted to do is milk a big selling series rather than make something the true fans would enjoy.

Says it all..
im not comparing the 2 together. im saying making a long story short really sucks. if they made all 6 harry potter books into one movie that would suck, the same if they made a Gantz movie into a 1 hour movie. same goes for sailor moon, bleach, etc. but most people talk about they want to see a dragonball z movie. i see youtube fan trailers for it alot, even before the movie was even announced. but once it comes out they complain about it. "i know its gonna suck, but im going to see it anyways, like 3 times in a row." obviously movie studios make it for the money. they dont make one out of the kindness of their hearts. thats just how it works.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#248 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
04-13-2009, 10:40 PM

Above all else: what the hell is wrong with the casting agent? An American dude as Gokou?

music reflects the soul of the man
(#249 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

04-13-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMal View Post
Above all else: what the hell is wrong with the casting agent? An American dude as Gokou?
From what little I understood from watching the trailer on TV, I think the idea was more "Make it like Fast & the Furious, except without the cars".

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#250 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

04-13-2009, 11:02 PM

Let me point you towards this.

A sequel? Great..

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-13-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Closed Thread