LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

I just prefer it in English over it's Japanese dubbing, IMO they did a much better job.

surprised to hear that The American version makes me sick, cant stand the voices or the music haha. DBZ is what got me into anime some 15 year ago, when i first saw it, it was a copied tape with no subtitles. But i was so amazed by the fighting and such i didn't need to know what people were saying, the voice actors had enough emotion to get the point across. The only series i prefer the english version is "Golden Boy" simply because he sound more dorky, yet the keep the emotion from the the Japanese version tact.

This seems kool. but i was hoping for some actual new DBZ episodes, they should bring back cell,like a grown up cell .jr
(#22 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
surprised to hear that The American version makes me sick, cant stand the voices or the music haha. DBZ is what got me into anime some 15 year ago, when i first saw it, it was a copied tape with no subtitles. But i was so amazed by the fighting and such i didn't need to know what people were saying, the voice actors had enough emotion to get the point across. The only series i prefer the english version is "Golden Boy" simply because he sound more dorky, yet the keep the emotion from the the Japanese version tact.

This seems kool. but i was hoping for some actual new DBZ episodes, they should bring back cell,like a grown up cell .jr
Cell was a bit sh!t imo..

Vegeta, Freiza and Kid Buu were the best

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

03-24-2009, 06:50 PM

Oh no... Not another.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#24 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-25-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
They should have ended Dragon Ball with Dragon Ball, in my opinion.

Dragon Ball Z is just as different from Dragon Ball as GT is from Z.
But Z was still from the same manga series written by the same guy (akira toriyama). It may have been different from dragonball but was still very good imo.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-26-2009, 01:14 PM

Z was still the best series though, Right?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#26 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Agreed. Though I can't wait to catch this new series. Fuji TV, right shadow?

I suck at listening/understanding native Japanese talk in their natural speed (which is probably what the entire show will be like), so hopefully I'll be able to understand the jist of it. D:

Might have to ask some questions here and there shadow, so HOLD MY HAND SOME MORE PLEHZ

XD

猿も木から落ちる

Last edited by alanX : 03-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
From what I've gathered, it started out as a plan to simply remaster it. Higher quality video and sound. Then, someone said, "Hey, let's fix some of the funky dialogue." Then, someone else said, "While we're at it, let's take out this episode." And then it ended up as a new series.
This version is going to be closer to the manga, meaning, no filler (or hardly any of it) and a faster pace. I for one really would like to see it. They're also probably doing this because this is DBZ's 20th anniversary. Its anime started in April of 1989.

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on, is the fact that they're not going to keep the original opening songs (Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power) and ending songs (Dete koi Tobikiri Zenkai Power/Bokutachi wa Tenshi Datta). I really liked those songs.
Quote:
IMO, Dragon Ball was. It was more about "skill" as opposed to power. The other characters did more for it. It had a lot of comedy. Goku was just too adorable with his naive nature.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 03-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-26-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
IMO, Dragon Ball was. It was more about "skill" as opposed to power. The other characters did more for it. It had a lot of comedy. Goku was just too adorable with his naive nature.
Hmm.. Maybe... DB seemed to have a lot of filler episodes that did my nut in.

Yes i know Z did too, but the whole SSJ thing, wow.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-27-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Hmm.. Maybe... DB seemed to have a lot of filler episodes that did my nut in.
Z bugged me with the way its filler was done. They did the one thing that's always bugged me about any series...extended a canon arc in every way possible. They would either used extremely long speaking scenes or unnecessarily extend the fights or maybe extending a move out. I'd rather put up with an anime original filler arc as opposed putting up with a canon arc being overly extended. Seems that Dragon Ball just had added in original filler. One of my favorite group of eps for Dragon Ball, were the final ones of the Piccolo Jr. saga that dealt with just Goku and Chichi.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2009, 12:54 AM

It'll be awesome if they will reboot the whole series. But I have a horrible feeling that this thing is another april fool's joke, like the Dragon Ball AF before.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
Closed Thread