JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
scumm (Offline)
New to JF

Does anyone know this movie? - 03-29-2009, 03:29 AM

My friend only gave me a vague description of the plot and a scene from the movie.

In the movie, there's a high status couple set in (feudal?) Japan. The guy has some chick penpal, and eventually falls in love with her. Of course, she doesn't like this and sleeps with some guy out of spite (i'm not sure about this last thing actually. can't remember if my friend was describing another movie or something :S). Anyway, that guy went to visit the penpal and yeah. I don't remember what happened after that.

There's also another scene(s) in the movie that involves a guy (possibly the same guy, not sure), that's also of high status. Anyway, he asks this poorer girl to come over to his place so he can help her write something or something. When she does come over, he tells her to bring in her shoes so that no one knows that she's there. The guy tells the chick what to write (he's at a table), and the chick's on the floor writing, belly down. Apparently she's swinging her knees up and down like people usually do, and her kimono fell to her knees. Then the guy slowly undresses her kimono, still telling her what to write, and yada yada.

SORRY for the crap description (:
But does anyone know what this movie is? It's supposed to be a sad movie.

Thanks!

I posted this exact same post on another forum, but no one knew. I just thought I'd post it here, as this is a Japanese forum. (:
(#2 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-29-2009, 03:31 AM

If you're laying on your stomach, how do you swing your knees up and down?

猿も木から落ちる
(#3 (permalink))
Old
scumm (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2009, 03:39 AM

Just did a quick google image search, and that's the best example i could find. I guess 'swinging her knees' isn't exactly the greatest description, but you get the idea.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-29-2009, 03:45 AM

You mean swinging her feet? lol I can't think of anything like that off of the top of my head. But I'll be looking. I'll let you know when I find something.

猿も木から落ちる
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-29-2009, 03:51 AM

Any idea what decade it came out?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
scumm (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2009, 03:54 AM

Thanks alan, i really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Any idea what decade it came out?
Uhm, I can't exactly remember, but i'm pretty sure it came out this decade. I'll ask her again later though

edit:
some guy on the other forum posted some possibly helpful information:
"I remember seeing something like this on SBS. Basic plotline was very similar to Dangerous Liasions, where the high status guy was a scholar, poet and infamous seducer, who was after the virtuous girl/penpal. He goes after her as a challenge and is extremely tenacious, but eventually falls for her.

The poorer girl was her maid (since he couldn't get to her mistress directly) and he was helping her write love letters to another guy (may have been an accomplice, but can't remember) and eventually had enough blackmail material to seduce her as well. I'm sure it was the same movie you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. Maybe someone else can help after seeing some additional clues..."

edit again:
Dw, found it everyone~
Scandal - Joseon namnyeo sangyeoljisa
It's not japanese, but in fact korean. Sorry!

Last edited by scumm : 03-29-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: More info.. ?