View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-15-2011, 04:32 AM

I'm glad it wasn't too long. I don't have the attention span to listen to long songs (over 6 minutes usually) no matter how much I like them. I've only listened to Vinushka once.

I have no idea what sound direction they're going in now, but I like it. Their album will be interesting for sure.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-15-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
I'm glad it wasn't too long. I don't have the attention span to listen to long songs (over 6 minutes usually) no matter how much I like them. I've only listened to Vinushka once.
I'd say you're missing out on some amazing music with that logic. Dir en grey or otherwise.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
02-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Yeah. I was a bit hesitant to listen to Vinushka at its length, but my sister was listening to Diru and I asked 'What song is that?' as I hadn't heard it. 'Vinushka' was the reply, and now I am absolutely in love with the song.

I'd say Dir En Grey have gone from Visual Kei, to J-Rock, with a great deal of screamed vocals. Put them along-side the likes of Atreyu, Pantera, Killswitch Engage...

Masocyst of Decadence is another long Diru song, from the first album, Gauze. I love how thay manage to keep up the energy throughout the song, and they don't seem as long, in the end.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-15-2011, 11:10 AM

What is it with long songs that you don't like though? Is your attention span really that bad? That is awful if that is the case.

Dir en grey have some AMAZING songs all over 7 minutes long. Zakuro, Macabre (almost 11 minutes!), Ain't Afraid to Die (O_O!!!) and one of my favorite Diru tracks ever, Akuro no Oka.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

02-15-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmkmlmx View Post
What is it with long songs that you don't like though? Is your attention span really that bad? That is awful if that is the case.

Dir en grey have some AMAZING songs all over 7 minutes long. Zakuro, Macabre (almost 11 minutes!), Ain't Afraid to Die (O_O!!!) and one of my favorite Diru tracks ever, Akuro no Oka.
I've not listened to Zakuro or Macabre, because I don't own the album(s) and don't want to download them, and if I listen on youTube, I'll like it and it'll make me want to download them. I'll get the albums soon enough. I agree though, Ain't Afraid To Die and Akuro no Oka are just amazing. I like long songs (look at Machine Head. Nearly a whole album of 9 minute tracks), but the way Vinushka started. I'm not a fan of acoustic songs, and tbh, haven't really 'listened' to Inconvenient Ideal, but Ware, Yami Tote.... turned me round, and when I listen to Inconvenient Ideal, I'm sure I'll love it.

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-15-2011, 07:56 PM

Good deal. I have the utmost respect for you for wanting to wait and buy the albums before you listen.

I don't know what you're saying with all the stuff with Inconvenient Ideal though, lol.

But glad we aree on Aukuro no oka/Ain't Afraid. But what self respecting Deg fan wouldn't?
Old
Anemone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-16-2011, 03:55 AM

I can sit and listen to a song that long once or twice, or every once in a while when I feel like it, but I definitely can't regularly. I know it's sad, but I can't help it. Usually when I listen to music, I'll change songs a minute or two into it. I've gotten better with that though.

My favourite Diru song at the moment is Yokan. I just really like how that sounds. (And I always love Saku and Dozing Green) I'll have to go back and listen to the longer songs, though. I usually just disregard them right away.

~OPEN MY WINGS~
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

02-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmkmlmx View Post
Good deal. I have the utmost respect for you for wanting to wait and buy the albums before you listen.

I don't know what you're saying with all the stuff with Inconvenient Ideal though, lol.

But glad we aree on Aukuro no oka/Ain't Afraid. But what self respecting Deg fan wouldn't?
The Inconvenient Ideal comment jist, is basically, I've not listened to it properly yet, because I'm not too great a fan of acoustic songs (Although the bands I like always do good acoustic songs - 'Ain't Afraid...' for example), but when I finally listen to it, I'm sure I'll love it. Diru always do wonders

Quote:
I can sit and listen to a song that long once or twice, or every once in a while when I feel like it, but I definitely can't regularly. I know it's sad, but I can't help it. Usually when I listen to music, I'll change songs a minute or two into it. I've gotten better with that though.

My favourite Diru song at the moment is Yokan. I just really like how that sounds. (And I always love Saku and Dozing Green) I'll have to go back and listen to the longer songs, though. I usually just disregard them right away.
I do that sometimes too, the skip a minute in thing. I love Yokan (& every other Diru song) and can easily switch from older Diru to the more modern stuff... & I prefer the Japanese version of Dozing Green. lol. Although the English version is awesome too.

...& Happy Birthday, Kyo. 35 today

Old
xkmkmlmx (Offline)
JF Regular

02-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I still don't get the mentality. It isn't like you have to sit there and listen to the song like watching a movie. Like right now, I am posting on a forum while listening to Miyavi. I am *hearing* the song, but not entirely focusing on it. I am not staring at the stereo going omg ok I can't listen to this more than 2 minutes! Especially since a lot of ballad or long songs change into something entirely different multiple times throughout. It can be sometimes 3 songs in one, for instance. It is rarely the same riff/chorus being repeated for 10 minutes straight.

I'll say it again, it just makes no sense whatsoever. You're missing out!

Quote:
Love me some Yokan. You can't go wrong with anything on Guaze.
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

02-16-2011, 09:29 PM

Just listened to Inconvenient Ideal. It IS amazing