JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
happykawaiiday (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to happykawaiiday
VK is so mainstream - 07-16-2011, 07:35 AM

I guess it's going that way because of society, and more people have came to like it. And also it has a lot of Western influences, which makes it mainstream.
I believe that Visual Kei had died since Hide did. I mean, those people made up the genre. Luna Sea is not as popular as they were back then. Now it's mostly the more mainstream bands like Alice Nine, GazettE , Vivid , SiD , Sadie. And then came OSHARE KEI. The opposite of Visual kei, adding up to the girlishness. I love bands such as SuG and An Cafe because they are just so <strike>fucking</strike> cute. But they do add up to the cross dressing. I personally love the GazettE <strike>to death</strike> ! And I think that they are going more mainstream than they think they are... If you compare Ruki back in 2004 and Ruki now... you might not even recognize him. It's not only about the looks, but also the way he sings too. He'd lost his... "old GazettE" voice, and now is singing in his normal voice. What I meant by "old GazettE" voice is that he doesn't sound like other Jrockers. Visual Kei is a style of singing also, but Ruki doesn't have that sound. He's unique <3 Kinda why I fell in love with him. What you said about how the vocalists sounding like each other is so true! I can not tell if that was Yuuki ( Lycaon ) or Kouki ( D=out ).
I am hoping that the GazettE will bring back Visual Kei, but in a new style. I honestly kinda don't want the old VK back... it had died along with Hide. We should not bring it back, but start something new. I certainly hope the GazettE will make a "revolution" along with the help of other great artists such as Miyavi ( even though he turned pop-ish... ), Versailles , and Alice Nine, Born,...etc...
Yah..Visual Kei did turn mainstream hadn't it? :/

Happy Day
GazeRockIsNotDead
Jrock
Japanese fashion
Lolita/gyaru/Visual Kei

Twitter
Facebook
Livejournal
Tumblr
Online Shop
(#102 (permalink))
Old
happykawaiiday (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to happykawaiiday
07-16-2011, 07:37 AM

Oh and I also wanted to say that Dir En Grey is also another great band alongside the GazettE.
Ahh...I feel so proud. The GazettE have gone so far.

Happy Day
GazeRockIsNotDead
Jrock
Japanese fashion
Lolita/gyaru/Visual Kei

Twitter
Facebook
Livejournal
Tumblr
Online Shop
(#103 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
07-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happykawaiiday View Post
I guess it's going that way because of society, and more people have came to like it. And also it has a lot of Western influences, which makes it mainstream.
Western influences doesn't make a band mainstream. The west has it's own set of mainstream music, but simply being influenced by other mainstream music doesn't make a band or genre mainstream.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Pandina (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2011, 06:44 PM

Hi! I think that there are in VK, like all the others musical genres, some good bands and many others that suck. If you will search for some good band i'm sure you will find them. But like always, when a musical genres becomes popular, lot of poser band appear.
Sorry for my bad English, I hope you have understood.

Ashita anata no kimochi ga hanarete mo
kitto kawarazu aishite iru

Ashita anata ni boku ga mienakute mo
kitto kawarazu aishite iru.

I will walk life that shines highest
(#105 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-27-2011, 07:20 PM

The indie/underground scene that VK used to be never changed. But the more popular the bands become, the more mainstream the labels demand them to be. It happened to Vidoll, the GazettE and Dir en Grey when they went major, and I reckon it'll happen to any band that increases in fame on the same level.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast