JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

10-25-2008, 04:17 PM

Calling some japanese music "americanized" is a little confusing for me. America's music has some really bad music, music with no feeling, just all cutey wutey love here and there. But to me, Japanese music has emotions put into it and I think that is why I respect Japan, because of their ways and harkwork. Even if the music is dark, it is coming from their hearts. People in America can see that too, and Japanese music has been getting intershipped, people stop liking the bands. I guarntee you if America had a band that was truly into their music and a true idol to look up too, and if another country like them and was buying them off I-Tunes and constantly playing them on youtube, this American band would ship their music to another country because it is better buisness. Anyone know what I am getting at?

So I really don't see why Japan bands should be put down for this reason. Bands everyone can get tired of the music they play or their look. For example, if a band played nothing but dark music and sad lyrics and one day they see the world in different eyes and decide to change, why should we put them down if they change? That example isn't really a good one but it mainly grabs the point I am trying to make.

(#82 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-26-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuchan View Post
Calling some japanese music "americanized" is a little confusing for me. America's music has some really bad music, music with no feeling, just all cutey wutey love here and there. But to me, Japanese music has emotions put into it and I think that is why I respect Japan, because of their ways and harkwork. Even if the music is dark, it is coming from their hearts. People in America can see that too, and Japanese music has been getting intershipped, people stop liking the bands. I guarntee you if America had a band that was truly into their music and a true idol to look up too, and if another country like them and was buying them off I-Tunes and constantly playing them on youtube, this American band would ship their music to another country because it is better buisness. Anyone know what I am getting at?

So I really don't see why Japan bands should be put down for this reason. Bands everyone can get tired of the music they play or their look. For example, if a band played nothing but dark music and sad lyrics and one day they see the world in different eyes and decide to change, why should we put them down if they change? That example isn't really a good one but it mainly grabs the point I am trying to make.

no. its not really that. i think my main problem is the fact that the music comes second now. the looks comes first. and this is all also triggered by the fans. they become blind to talent. they'll go for anything that is the prettiest at the moment, they'll put the musical aspect second. they'll like an artist, even if they sound shite, just because the artist would be "good looking"
that's all VK's become. the music's dying.

(#83 (permalink))
Old
lself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-27-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuchan View Post

When you say America's music has some really bad music,that is true, but that doesn't mean that it's all bad or that Japanese music is necessarily all good. It's got some real shite as well, which is partly what we are discussing, but w/e. I saw this really disturbing jpop music video the other day, and i know we are talking about vk here, but i'm just using that to point out that there is crappy Japanese music. I see what you say about bands going for a new look though, etc. and how we shouldn't blame them for changing, i wish they wouldn't change sometimes though if it sucks
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Touya (Offline)
JRock Priest/BDay Guru

Send a message via AIM to Touya Send a message via Yahoo to Touya
10-27-2008, 01:11 AM

Change means growth. Everyone has to grow. If we don't grow then there's nothing.

I think it's good to change in the same instance, the bands that change and forget what they were, or where they started is wrong. We need the past fr the future and bands that pretend some of their music doesn't exist is wrong. For example Dir En Grey won't even acknowledge the VK years. A friend of mine had an old CD she wants signed and Kyo refused to do it. Changing is not bad, but doing something like that is.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-27-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touya View Post
Change means growth. Everyone has to grow. If we don't grow then there's nothing.

I think it's good to change in the same instance, the bands that change and forget what they were, or where they started is wrong. We need the past fr the future and bands that pretend some of their music doesn't exist is wrong. For example Dir En Grey won't even acknowledge the VK years. A friend of mine had an old CD she wants signed and Kyo refused to do it. Changing is not bad, but doing something like that is.
wow O_O

that's so arrogant.

see what i mean?

that happens to people when fame and money consumes them >>

(#86 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
10-27-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post

no. its not really that. i think my main problem is the fact that the music comes second now. the looks comes first. and this is all also triggered by the fans. they become blind to talent. they'll go for anything that is the prettiest at the moment, they'll put the musical aspect second. they'll like an artist, even if they sound shite, just because the artist would be "good looking"
that's all VK's become. the music's dying.
Eh. To the stupider section of the mass maybe. Otherwise bands based purely upon looks would surely swallow up the charts.

All I'm saying is... Just because some bands conform to the market doesn't mean you should tear the rest of the new-gen VK bands.

Albeit, most none of them are quite as satisfying musically, or even VISUALLY, anymore.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-27-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
Eh. To the stupider section of the mass maybe. Otherwise bands based purely upon looks would surely swallow up the charts.

All I'm saying is... Just because some bands conform to the market doesn't mean you should tear the rest of the new-gen VK bands.

Albeit, most none of them are quite as satisfying musically, or even VISUALLY, anymore.
i didn't mean to tear up ALL of them. i'm just talking in general here.

(#88 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
10-27-2008, 03:07 AM

Right.

I don't know really. I can stand quite a few. At least, after I've read their lyrics, I can know if they have skill. Because, personally, if the lyrics can paint a picture for me, then the band may have a shot in my heart.

I can't stand what's happened to American music, really.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

10-27-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
Right.

I don't know really. I can stand quite a few. At least, after I've read their lyrics, I can know if they have skill. Because, personally, if the lyrics can paint a picture for me, then the band may have a shot in my heart.

I can't stand what's happened to American music, really.

>>

do you mean to say JUST american music of western music in general?

because its obviously not just with VK, i mean look at pop music today and pop music of the 80s.
at least in the 80s it didn't make people want to vomit. look at pop music now. its just stupid.

(#90 (permalink))
Old
LostMemory (Offline)
New to JF

10-27-2008, 04:20 PM

i definitly think that its not JUST americans musicians kind of becoming.. crap. Britain is producing more and more Talent show bands etc who are all crap.

i keep seeing The Pussycat dolls new video and cringing at how horrid they all look. (not to mention the lyrics)

pkus.. Hi! im new lol