JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Hey! Say! JUMP (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/21781-hey-say-jump.html)

clairebear 12-22-2008 07:50 PM

When I said they're cute, I meant their appearance AND music. ;)

I expected someone to think I was just referring to their looks. But Yabu Kota is hot.

Ningyou 12-22-2008 09:03 PM

I agree Clairebear. :P

Piratice 12-23-2008 05:14 AM

I have three friends who are crazy about Hey! Say! JUMP. Out of all of them, I like Ryutaro and Yuri the most. Have you seen their Christmas Carol? So kawaii!

Isn't that the point of boy bands? Using their looks to rake in cash, I mean.

The recording company of Hey! Say! JUMP, JOHNNY'S Entertainment, that's all they do. All their bands are super cute/hot. They manage NewS, Arashi, and Johnny's Junior, Super Junior, etc.

Arikado 12-23-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 649155)
I'm saying that the majority of the time, when people are talking about any musicians from Japan, they mention their appearance - sometimes, that's all they mention even though they :rheart: love :rheart: the band.

Boy bands have always been the same - get cute guys, write the same old stuff again and again with a different melody, rake in fangirls' parents' cash. It's genius, really. It's not bad music or good music - it's the absence of musical integrity.

When it comes to the greatest bands in history (and not just the ones that I like), their appearance is meaningless - their voices, sounds, and creativity are the only thing that matter.

Unfortunately, that is the truth. I see too much of that terrible sh*t myself. Sometimes they don't even do a good job with the "cute guys" part. Double fail right there. Two fails don't equal a win either.

Yeah, it's not about the look, it's everything to do with substance. Although X Japan pulls off both very well and is undoubtedly a legend. Obviously there are a few exceptions.

xMichiyo 01-31-2009 10:21 PM

I don't really have a special feeling against them,but I think they would be better without that girlvoice in their songs... Somehow her voice annoyes me! :eek: :rolleyes: But I gotta say I like their songs Ultra Music power and Mayonaka no Shadow Boy XD

Ningyou 02-01-2009 08:58 PM

Well, they're a boy band. So they're gonna be girly...ha.

xMichiyo 02-06-2009 08:12 PM

well I didn't mean they're girly,if it is to my ure replying,I meant the voice of that girl in their songs... her voice totally ruins it somehow >.< xD

Ningyou 02-06-2009 09:21 PM

Oh, I see what you're saying. :] I still enjoy their music though.

Tweety 02-07-2009 07:49 PM

Hahah trust me, you're not the only one! I've become a complete Asian boy band freak! Anyway, i like HSJ too! they are pretty awsome! :)

Ningyou 02-08-2009 12:51 AM

:) Woohoo! *hugs*