JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-09-2010, 08:30 PM

Where did you guys start the habit of listening to all of these artists, and how long did it take before you felt like you could pretty much talk about any group someone may mention? There are just so many performers...

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#42 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2010, 10:57 PM

If your a fan of rock music, I suppose at some point, you'll find out about this type of music. There are people in Western metal bands that know more than just Dir en Grey. In my case, I was looking at the toys section of Anime Insider, and I flipped through the magazine more, and eventually found a picture of an interesting looking band that looked like a metal band, and since I'm a metalhead, I checked them out, liked them, and decided to see if I could find more. As for DELUHI and Matenrou Opera, I found out about both on the same day courtesy of iTunes in the most unusual way. I am not going into detail about how that happened. XD Finally, I also find out about bands either because people suggest it, or because I hear them on "radio" stations on the internets. Cure Media USA 24/7 Pure J-ROCK, Check out the new Tainted Reality coming soon, and also by checking out the bands from different record companies.

However, I only talk about bands that I'm interested in, and/or know something about, not "any group someone may mention"; I don't know EVERYBODY, and I don't pretend to, and even though I know a lot about the bands that I DO update people on, I don't think I know EVERYTHING about them; I pride myself in not being an elitist, and accepting anybody and everybody as long as they don't behave like an elitist, and I'm always willing to share what I DO know, and I try to encourage people to listen to this music which is meant for all.

ANYWAY!!! Leda and Sujk will be doing a seminar on the eighteenth of July at Nagoya Communication Art School. They will be talking, have a Q&A session, and a demo. If anybody wants to bring an instrument, they may. This event will be for about 35 people and is free of charge. The reception desk is open from 11:45-12:15, there will be a presentation from 12:15-12:45, and the seminar itself starts at 13:00.

In addition to this, Leda has decided to do a few more seminars by himself at Musician's Institute Japan at these dates and places(open time for all events with the exception of the last date is 18:00, and the start times are 18:30; the time for the last date can be found next to the city):

7/1- Fukuoka City
7/13- Nagoya
7/14- Osaka
7/21- Sapporo
7/26- Sendai; doors open: 13:30, event starts: 14:00

The price for all of the seminars is 1000, and the seminars themselves consist of a demo, Q&A session, and an autograph session, but the only thing Leda will be signing is a portrait made specifically for that event.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2010, 08:53 PM

DELUHI instore events to promote The Farthest(at the moment, the only thing happening is that they will be signing the CD jacket):

7/3- Fukuoka- SKULL ROSE, start: 13:00
7/15- Osaka- Zeal Link, start: 18:30
7/18- Nagoya- HMV, start: 17:30
7/22- Sapporo- GURUGURU, start: 18:00
7/26- Sendai- HMV store in Ichiban-cho, start: 18:00
(#44 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-05-2010, 12:21 AM

A very hardcore DELUHI fan has created an international forum for DELUHI, and the intention is to provide DELUHI fans the world over with updates on the band and projects for DELUHI, blog translations, really, you go to the forum, and that's just a small idea of how hardcore she is for this band, so you should really check it out because there is definitely some pretty interesting stuff I'm sure you'll find more useful than my simple and infrequent updates.

So please check Four Rebel St★rs - International Forum for DELUHI out, and follow them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/fourrebelstars/. Also, the fan responsible for this forum is the president of DELUHI's official US support team, so you can friend her at MySpace - DELUHI USA - 21 - Female - DELUHIville - myspace.com/deluhi_usa. Please check them out.

*EDIT- Apparently, the site where the fan community was at got shut down, so she's now working on making another one; as soon as there's news, I'll post it

Last edited by spoonybard : 07-15-2010 at 08:16 PM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-17-2010, 09:58 PM

DELUHI will be performing along with AND, lynch., Uchusentai NOIZ, Tokyo Michael., A&D, Sadie, and Rin in “I.D.PILOT DEAD ONE LAST PRESENTS [Re-START] ” at Osaka BIG CAT on 8/13; advance tickets: 3900, tickets at door: 4400; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
(#46 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-19-2010, 08:46 PM

DELUHI will be performing with ViViD and Golden Bomber at Shinsaibashi CLUB QUATTRO on 9/5. Advance tickets: 3300, tickets at the door has yet to be decided(but you could probably add 500 more yen to that, since that's what they usually do, if anything, they probably won't go past 4300); open: 16:00, start: 17:00
(#47 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-22-2010, 08:44 PM

DELUHI will be performing along with Nightmare, Lc5, Sadie, MERRY, and THE KIDDIE on two different dates in September for little HEARTS. 2nd Anniversary. All the information for both days is the same, the only difference is the places they will be performing. The first show is on 9/19 at Zipp Sendai, the second is on 9/25 in Shibuya C.C. Lemon Hall. Advance tickets: 4800, tickets at door: 5800; open: 16:00, start: 17:00; SKULL is the opening band.

Also, for those interested, the international DELUHI fan community is back up here Four Rebel St★rs - International Forum for DELUHI
(#48 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-25-2010, 09:35 PM

New merchandise to be sold at "Blitzkrieg" tour final at Akasaka Blitz on 8/1:

Tour 16 page full color brochure- 2000
Cell phone strap- 1000
Trading cards, set of two- 500

Also, the final single of their 3 month consecutive release, [Departure] will be presold there.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-26-2010, 08:32 PM

DELUHI vs. Golden Bomber:

9/14, LIQUIDROOM Ebisu; advance tickets: 3500, tickets at door: 4000; open: 18:00, start: 19:00
(#50 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-31-2010, 06:26 PM

New limited photo set for sale at their official online store:

写真セット - DELUHI 2010写真セットD(8月限定) - 音楽ファンのためのグッズ通販サイト/STAR GOODS SHOP