JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2010, 06:58 PM

Thank you for everyone's comments. I still hope that it will be changed in the future. It's a bit cruel to treat idols like cash-cow for milking. I think they're performer like the other, like pro wrestler, pianoist, sumo wrestler etc.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
08-29-2010, 08:05 PM

Qayin, I think that AV idols that get milked. lol. joke. Its perhaps unfair, but I understand & accept it. Its better this way

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#23 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-08-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
Explain. You misunderstood me, because you reiterated everything I said.

The reason why I say they are not really viewed as idols is because the VROCK scene is actually not that big in Japan, and I'm thinking in terms of the general public. Also, I wrote "aren't really considered idols", not "they are NOT idols". They are only idols to their fans, and again, the VROCK scene isn't as big in Japan as some people think it is(I used to think this way too, until the president of Cure Media USA said that it's not really big there, and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about).

Also, Gackt is JPopish, and apparently, he is(or was? I don't know, I don't pay attention to Gackt)getting married. Miyavi was seeing somebody, and when he got her pregnant and married her, everybody reacted.... in a very interesting manner. And he was signed on to PSC!! So as I said, I'm sure that VROCK band members, and not just them but anybody and everybody else will do whatever the hell they want in the end.You can think wrongly about me and my opinion and why I have them, I don't really care, but please read carefully before you start putting words in my mouth and thoughts in my head that were never there just because of what you've seen elsewhere, I'm not whatever you think I am.
You can't just say that VK artists "aren't really idols", just because the VK scene is significantly smaller than jpop. That's just ridiculous. That's like saying that a cat isn't ACTUALLY a cat, because tigers and lions are bigger animals of the same kind.
Of course they're only idols to their fans..? Doh? All artists have their own fan base. How is that statement even relevant? You're just stating the obvious. Of course Miyavi (as an example) is my idol, if I'm a fan of his and I really admire him. I highly doubt that any sane person would consider anyone an 'idol' if they didn't feel some sort of admiration towards them - call it fandom or w/e.

If you don't even follow Gackt - why use him as an example? Not really air-tight, is it?
Also.. Miyavi kept it secret - for a reason. Miyavi's most likely NOT stupid and therefore he's not gonna run around bragging about every female whose legs he spread recently. Miyavi was smart enough to announce it all at once.. Kinda like repeatedly punching his fans in the face with info. "I'm gonna take out all my piercings and grow up" + "I'm dating melody. and she's pregnant btw!" + "Oh and btw, we got married too!".. That way there's isn't much to do about it. If he just came out 'Oh... I'm kinda seeing this girl' then I think many obsessive fans would flip. But by doing it the way he did, there was no turning back.

Why would I think ANYTHING about you? I don't even know you. And stop pulling back just because you can't take the heat. Seriously.. I never put anything in your mouth. I'm simply replying to your entries in the discussion. If you're not good with criticism or any form of feedback in general - simply don't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
It remind me of when Hide (X) died in 1998, 4 girls commited suicide and 2 succeed. I remember that it's the beginning of the end for VK scene (temporarily). After that Luna Sea disband, Glay and L'arc became less visual, until 4 or 5 years ago when Alice Nine, Nightmare, Gazette or whatever Oshare band brought more attention to the genre. After this X and Luna Sea made their come back. Bravo!
Since when did GazettE and Nightmare become Oshare? O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Though, I think your use of the word 'enslaved' is a little harsh. These people made their decision to be subject to such scrutiny when they signed the contract. It seems like a very hard life, but I'm sure it doesn't go entirely without its pleasurable fruits -- especially if they genuinely love what they're doing.
Not really.. Many of both jpop/kpop and Vk artists enter their scenes at a very young age. They're SO easy to manipulate because their biggest dream in life is to make music and perform. Labels see these young aspiring talents and sign them for YEARS pumping them for all they got.. Youngsters with dreams are easy to screw over, because all they wanna do is make music and play it.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#24 (permalink))
Old
InVain (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2011, 11:46 PM

damn this is all new to me. i guess i hadn't really thought about the dating part on musicians. but reading the responses i guess it makes sense. but still, must be lonely.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-15-2011, 12:23 PM

I've just thought, here, in the west, we have celebrity gossip. Of course, Japan will too (sports stars, actresses, actors etc.) but will they talk about idols & musicians in the same light? Or will they only be mentioned if they do wrong? (i.e. get caught dating)

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#26 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

01-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I've just thought, here, in the west, we have celebrity gossip. Of course, Japan will too (sports stars, actresses, actors etc.) but will they talk about idols & musicians in the same light? Or will they only be mentioned if they do wrong? (i.e. get caught dating)
I think it's pretty much the same.. All types of media love to gossip, so I doubt that the Japanese located ones are any different : /

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#27 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
Thank you for everyone's comments. I still hope that it will be changed in the future. It's a bit cruel to treat idols like cash-cow for milking. I think they're performer like the other, like pro wrestler, pianoist, sumo wrestler etc.
yeah but at the end of the day its up to them if they stay with it - if they dont like it then they can simply leave.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#28 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

01-23-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
yeah but at the end of the day its up to them if they stay with it - if they dont like it then they can simply leave.
It's not that simple. As I've explained before, many of them are on year-long contracts. ''Just leaving'' is in violation of contract and will get them a lawsuit on their hands.. There was just a big incident with this problem in Korea, where DBSK had to break into two groups because they were signed for 7 or 13 years or something and 3 of them wanted out. It became a HUGE mess and they ended up splitting in two devastating a lot of fans and themselves.

Follow me on TUMBLR
- Pot Roast
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Timcoulter90 (Offline)
Banned

09-28-2011, 12:33 PM

How would I get involved in a courtship relationship with a young lady, as opposed to the modern secular conception of dating?

Do I ask her family before I even ask her out on a first date? Do we only go places with friends or with a chaperone? How does it work? I'm intrigued, and I really don't like the dating process, but don't know how this alternative would work.