JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
05-10-2008, 02:49 PM

haha I think most of us understood you blimp, not many people who don't live in Japan follow Japanese baseball there all out buying their ichiro rolls at Mariners games, The rain sucked today and the bay stars played well, I didn't get a chance to watch the Giants game but I heard it was disappointing, I am not a fan of the Yomirui coach though. And for those who don't Know I thought I would write about the curse of the colonel as it is a funny story.

So The Tigers won the Japan league championships in 1985 and as some may know us osakans are crazy, so a group of fans took people that looked like each of the Players dressed them up and then jumped into the Dontobori Canal (which is a really nasty river thing that you cannot see the bottom) How ever there was an American player named Randy Bass who they could not find a Japanese person who looked like him so they took a life size Colonel sanders statue from the Dontobori KFC and tossed him into the river never to be seen again, the Tigers had 18 years of lackluster seasons after that and many tried to find the Colonel even dredging the canal, they found lots of bikes and cans but no sanders. So again in 2003 the Tigers got close to winning and all of the KFC's hid their statues for fear of a repeat, the KFC in Dontobori's new Colonel sanders is still bolted down to this day and there is a no swimming sign at the Ebisubashi bridge. It is said that the tigers will never win again until the Colonel is found. On a funny note there is a famous sweet shop with a man dressed in a red and white striped suit on the same street playing a tin drum, the shop put a inflatable tube on him with a sign that said "I cannot swim" back in 1985.. sadly however that shop is set to close this July with no word of what will happen to the guy .

And that my friends is the curse of the Colonel.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

05-11-2008, 11:33 AM

so i reckon i will take upon me to give u the good news. u got to give the ppl what they want!!
hanshin once again came out victorious, with a win against bay stars, 3-1.
the newly required star from hiroshima, arai, again proved instrumental and with good pitching from local boy iwata the victory was never really in any danger.

next stop towards the title is toyama for a battle against the carps. will we see kanemoto show the way or will his former team with maeda in good shape prove to difficult?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

05-14-2008, 12:59 PM

after the disappointing result yesterday we are back on track with a win today, 4-2. a good defence by hanshin and a 2 point homerun by arai lay the foundation to the win.

tomorrow will be the last game against hiroshima in kanazawa this time, before returning back to koushinen and three games against yakult.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-15-2008, 03:22 AM

What happened to Shimoyanagi this season? I can't believe he's 5-0 so far. Hope he doesn't get to pitch against the Dragons again while he's red-hot.

In any case, it's good to see Williams back on the roster. You guys definately need him.

See y'all at the ballpark!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
KansaiKobito (Offline)
New to JF

タイガズ! - 05-15-2008, 03:51 AM

Go Hanshin!

ハセル! ハセル!

コビトさん
(#16 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

05-15-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
What happened to Shimoyanagi this season? I can't believe he's 5-0 so far. Hope he doesn't get to pitch against the Dragons again while he's red-hot.

In any case, it's good to see Williams back on the roster. You guys definately need him.

See y'all at the ballpark!
shimoyanagi is on fire....so far perhaps i should add. u never know when it comes to the old guard.
williams, yes indeed, he is important as one of the best set-up pitchers. can u believe he has been with us now for six years?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-16-2008, 08:54 AM

Six years is a long time, man! Williams is like Mr. ERA from down under. I'd hate to hit against him if I were a left-handed hitter. (Not that I ever hit right-handed, either...).

Look at our poor Kawakami, who made a fool of himself last night in front of the scouts from some Major League clubs! Giving up 5 runs in the first inning!
Plus Morino is on the DL now... Dismay in May!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

05-16-2008, 10:38 AM

yep, there can't be too many of them, aussies i mean.

i didn't know kawakami was about to leave. i guess he picked the wrong day to be bad on. too bad about morino, he seems to be getting better each year.

andoh pitching for hanshin today. even he hasn't been exceptionally this season, he's doing good today...so far. hanshin are up 7-0、5th inning.
talking about being on fire, arai, the lad must be on steroids.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-19-2008, 02:06 AM

Unlike his little brother with the Dragons, Big Bro Arai is such a dangerous hitter. I knew he would do well when the Tigers acquired him but never quite expected him to do this much damage to the opponents. A nightmare for us...
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

06-02-2008, 12:04 AM

I wish the Inter-League games were over. The Dragons play so poorly in Inter-League every year.

You guys losing interest in the Tigers, BTW? No one has posted here in a long time now.