JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
EpicPhysicist (Offline)
Pimp

bset MA ever - 08-31-2010, 01:49 PM

Muay-Thai Kickboxing. I did BJJ too but i felt a bit uncomfortable under guys. There were a few chicks in our class too so that was good. I would go for a combo Muay-Thai Kickboxing/Judo

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left. and also i cant Triforce
.▲
▲▲
(#32 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Saying that can literally apply to any hobby/activity/whatever that anyone does in life. Why do anything if you're never going to be the absolute best at it? That's not why we do what we do, otherwise we'd never do anything. Just because you're one of the people who felt unaccomplished doesn't mean everyone else does too.
you got me wrong. im talking about his chances because apperantly he has a goal. he didnt say he needed something to kill time or were to go with friends. he said that he needs to get fit and be able to self defend. well in that case he has far greater chances to achieve both of those things if he were to start visiting gym rather than a dojo were possibility of him succesfuly getting both is slimer.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
rockz007 (Offline)
New to JF

09-17-2010, 02:40 PM

hello guys ...

its really nice post....

i just liked it....

thanks...
(#34 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2010, 06:37 PM

I think the jiujitsu could be good. but tradition jiujitsu as taught in Japan is a bit different than the BJJ(Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) as seen in MMA(Mixed Martial Arts).

BJJ is a subset of Jiujitsu techniques that they concentrate on for no gee street fighting applications.

Traditional jiutjitsu teaches these techniques too, but spend a lot of time covering a huge range of techniques that BJJ practitioners feel are useless for street fighting.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
IcchanWii (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to IcchanWii
10-12-2010, 05:07 AM

Any one has posted about "Indonesian Pencak Silat" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=PtkLFm3QrmA
you may go here for action movie about pencak silat.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
The principle behind the martial arts is efficient self defense.
That's only your own personal perspective. Some think the principle is the exact opposite - mastering selflessness and acceptance of death, overcoming the greed to live so you can become an efficient actor when faced with death.

Self defence is a more modern take on it. I don't think there was any army in the before time which actually told it's soldiers the goal to mastering their skills is prolonging their life... they more so encouraged self sacrifice and these are the people modern martial arts are based on. In that sense, modern MA is vastly warped.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 11-04-2010 at 04:40 AM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
They are also harder to perform. Actually, some muay thai trainers resort to savate style kicks over the traditional kick.
Which ones?

An easy joke in a Muay Thai gym:

"Savate!"

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Well i was boxing for 2 years, planing to star MMA. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu take important part in MMA. It's great for ground fighting.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post SAMBO = Self-Defence Without Weapon - 02-20-2011, 02:50 AM

The Art of Hand-to-hand combat

A book of Nil Nikolayevich Oznobishin printed in 1930.
This work was a long-time textbook for Soviet special forces and considered as an early combat SAMBO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1959370Oznobishin.jpg (54.1 KB, 40 views)
(#40 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post Savate - 02-20-2011, 03:29 PM

A Leboucher method of training French and English boxing. Printed in 1856
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03199Lebousher.jpg (62.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03198Leboucher2.jpg (48.4 KB, 37 views)