LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisSalas View Post
Well i was also looking for brazilian jiu jitsu but since i couldnt find a BJJ master i discard it. But thx though, and i also think Shotokan Karate would be the best choice.
Machida Karate is the way too go man

go to Belem and join the Machida Dojo!! Thats Karate
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-28-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Well one thing i can be sure of, i never heard of it. And im sure there's not a sensei to learn from, at least here in my city. And well about the 1000 push ups, 1000 sit ups, 1000 punchs, 1000 kicks, and 1 km not sooo sure, well i can punch 1000 for sure, and maybe kick 1000, and run a km easily, and maybe just maybe the 1000 sit ups but 1000 push ups... gulp...not soo sure :$, maybe i could do 500 never tried more than 100, but i do different types of push ups, what kind of push ups do you make? Fist?
Have you heard of Kyokushin? One of the more dominant full contact style of Karate, it is based off of Goju.

Goju, Shotokan, Wado and Shito ryu are the more traditional Karate, with Goju being one of the first ot be recognized by the dai nippon budokai. I myself train in Meibukan, which is founded by one of Chojun Miyagi (Founder of Goju ryu) student

It wasn't 1000 in one shot, we were allowed to break it up, basically, whatever way you want, you have to finish the 1000 everything within 2 hours.. so you can do 100 pushups, then 100 kicks, 300 punches so forth.. as far as pushup goes, I was allowed to choose whichever way I wanted, but in Goju we usually train using several types of pushup: Normal, Knuckle (fist), Close, Wide, army

There was no way i could've done it in one shot, not even when I was in my prime, let alone being mid age when i got my shodan...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Kendo is a martial art I am interested in taking up. It's one of those rare sports that favors experience gained with age rather than the physicality of youth.

The 8th Dan test of Kendo Swordsmanship is said to be the hardest test to pass in Japan. Harder than becoming a lawyer (which has a 3% pass rate for example) or a surgeon. The 8th Dan test has a 1% pass rate. Also, the minimum age you can be to take the test is 46 years old. There are people well into their 80s who continue to take the test.

Talk about life long goals!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile preferences - 07-29-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Had, learned, practiced.
If you are well-trained kickboxer then.....I see no reasons to switch on,say. karate. Different movements, different tactics etc.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
If you are well-trained kickboxer then.....I see no reasons to switch on,say. karate. Different movements, different tactics etc.

Well im one of those guys who always looking for challanges so thats one of the more important reasons.

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2011, 06:52 PM

I also thought of kendo but, once again there isnt anyone in the city who can teach it soo bye bye kendo U.u

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Well im one of those guys who always looking for challanges so thats one of the more important reasons.
I am like you.. i trained in Muay Thai, judo, Takewon Do and Karate... Black belts in both the later 2, and i am still looking for some other discipline.. Sanshou came up on my radar today.. but i want to do something that help me in ground work and joint technique..... but am against BJJ, its just me, nothing against BJJ...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Machida Karate is the way too go man

go to Belem and join the Machida Dojo!! Thats Karate

I dont have the cash to go to Belem xP

(#19 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Have you heard of Kyokushin? One of the more dominant full contact style of Karate, it is based off of Goju.

Goju, Shotokan, Wado and Shito ryu are the more traditional Karate, with Goju being one of the first ot be recognized by the dai nippon budokai. I myself train in Meibukan, which is founded by one of Chojun Miyagi (Founder of Goju ryu) student

It wasn't 1000 in one shot, we were allowed to break it up, basically, whatever way you want, you have to finish the 1000 everything within 2 hours.. so you can do 100 pushups, then 100 kicks, 300 punches so forth.. as far as pushup goes, I was allowed to choose whichever way I wanted, but in Goju we usually train using several types of pushup: Normal, Knuckle (fist), Close, Wide, army

There was no way i could've done it in one shot, not even when I was in my prime, let alone being mid age when i got my shodan...

Well i have heard of it but i must admit i know nothing about it, and thats a relief ill never make 1000 of each in one shot. I i do some of those pushups and some other ones. Thx for the info, i will investigate some things about it.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

08-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I dont have the cash to go to Belem xP
You live in Mexico Take the car or travel low and make your way down to beautiful Brazil!!

and use youtube first so that you don't go without any knowledge