JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   Best Japanese Football Player (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/4838-best-japanese-football-player.html)

Acidreptile 05-26-2007 07:04 PM

Best Japanese Football Player
 
Who's the best japanese football player ever?I don't know many,but I would choose Nakamura and Nakata,Nakamura being much better.

YaksokuDa 05-27-2007 11:26 AM

Indeed them 2 are the top runners, but I think Nakata is a bit past his best. Nakamura and his superb free-kicks wins my vote!

I'm guessing you won't include Alex and such, Brazilians that have gained Japanese citizenship?

Acidreptile 05-27-2007 09:34 PM

No,i'm counting only the japanese.Alex is not that good anyway.

junjunforever 05-30-2007 09:16 PM

I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.

peach0816 05-30-2007 09:47 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.

YaksokuDa 05-30-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peach0816 (Post 143039)
When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.

Indeed, you don't even use your feet 90% of the time either.=__=

"Soccer" is a nickname made by the English in Football's early years, the name is short for asSOCiAtion Football (SOCA but then made into Soccer), the name died out due to unpopularity and the fact it sounds stupid. Caught on over your end though and stuck lol

YaksokuDa 05-30-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junjunforever (Post 143021)
I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.

Haha, no offence can be taken, you spoke the truth, Scottish League is crap :D
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's. :D

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

The Peace Cup draw in full:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Sungnam Ilhwa (South Korea)
Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.;)

peach0816 05-30-2007 10:30 PM

Well you learn something new everyday! I did not know that. Now it all makes sense, thank you!

Abasio 06-02-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 143062)
Haha, no offence can be taken, you spoke the truth, Scottish League is crap :D
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's. :D

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

The Peace Cup draw in full:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Sungnam Ilhwa (South Korea)
Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.;)

Where & when is this being played?

Tordek42 06-02-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasio (Post 144741)
Where & when is this being played?

It's being played this July in South Korea.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6