JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile's Avatar
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 977
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South America
Best Japanese Football Player - 05-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Who's the best japanese football player ever?I don't know many,but I would choose Nakamura and Nakata,Nakamura being much better.
Reply With Quote
(#2 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 199
Join Date: Apr 2007
05-27-2007, 11:26 AM

Indeed them 2 are the top runners, but I think Nakata is a bit past his best. Nakamura and his superb free-kicks wins my vote!

I'm guessing you won't include Alex and such, Brazilians that have gained Japanese citizenship?


Reply With Quote
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile's Avatar
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 977
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South America
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM

No,i'm counting only the japanese.Alex is not that good anyway.
Reply With Quote
(#4 (permalink))
Old
junjunforever (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2007
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM

I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.


http://www.happysimba.com/food
Japanese and Asian snacks and food store in the U.S..
Tasty microwavable rice starting from 50 cents.
Reply With Quote
(#5 (permalink))
Old
peach0816's Avatar
peach0816 (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
05-30-2007, 09:47 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.
Reply With Quote
(#6 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 199
Join Date: Apr 2007
05-30-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach0816 View Post
When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.
Indeed, you don't even use your feet 90% of the time either.=__=

"Soccer" is a nickname made by the English in Football's early years, the name is short for asSOCiAtion Football (SOCA but then made into Soccer), the name died out due to unpopularity and the fact it sounds stupid. Caught on over your end though and stuck lol


Reply With Quote
(#7 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 199
Join Date: Apr 2007
05-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junjunforever View Post
I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.
Haha, no offence can be taken, you spoke the truth, Scottish League is crap
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's.

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

The Peace Cup draw in full:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Sungnam Ilhwa (South Korea)
Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.


Reply With Quote
(#8 (permalink))
Old
peach0816's Avatar
peach0816 (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
05-30-2007, 10:30 PM

Well you learn something new everyday! I did not know that. Now it all makes sense, thank you!
Reply With Quote
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Abasio's Avatar
Abasio (Offline)
徐世普真義留
 
Posts: 139
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Yokohama
06-02-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
Haha, no offence can be taken, you spoke the truth, Scottish League is crap
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's.

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

The Peace Cup draw in full:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Sungnam Ilhwa (South Korea)
Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.
Where & when is this being played?
Reply With Quote
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tordek42's Avatar
Tordek42 (Offline)
Absolute Corruption
 
Posts: 287
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, England
Send a message via MSN to Tordek42 Send a message via Skype™ to Tordek42
06-02-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasio View Post
Where & when is this being played?
It's being played this July in South Korea.


Owner of:
(G) Chisato (PENICILLIN)
(D) HAYATO (Moi dix Mois)

(G) Ryu☆ (PureQ&A)
(B) Yu~ki (Malice Mizer)
(G) EITA (Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)
(V) Marshall K (
Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)

RIP hide, forever in our hearts...

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6