JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
07-16-2008, 02:08 PM

I heard that God Of War 3 will be released on PS3.. thinking of buying the PS3 after the release... huhu

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#12 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

07-16-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
The game is being developed on PC, and being made for PS3. After PS3 is finished development for the 360 version starts.

You must have missed something huge here. Microsoft did not pay anything to Square. Do you want to know how I know this? There isn't going to be a Japanese version of the game.

I'm sure you know how piss poor the sales for 360 are in Japan, why would Microsoft pay to have a game on their system but not allow the game's largest audience the ability to touch it? The audience they need the game for. I'll tell you why. Square is expanding to the west, and 360 has the install bases in EU/NA.

What he means with a poorer quality game overall is partially correct. With the 360 and PS3 in particular the consoles have very very different architectures, and must be designed in very different ways. In order to make multi-platform game one of two things have to happen:
  1. You need to have development for the game on both consoles at the same time, making it feasable to run on both consoles. This is the unpreffered method for developers because it costs more with little results over all, because the game is being made for two consoles anyway and not one's specific design.
  2. Making a game only one one console and porting it to another. This is the prefered method and often leaves one of the versions lacking unless real attention is put into it.

What Square is doing is finishing FFXIII for PS3, and designing it for PS3. They are then going to port the game for 360. The most likely drawback to this is that the 360 version is going to have several discs. Since no one has any idea what the game play looks like, or how it plays that's the only thing people can safely assume.
What he said times 2.
If they are going to finish it for the PS3, and not try to barganize the game between the two then I take back my statement that it will suck.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-16-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
I heard that God Of War 3 will be released on PS3.. thinking of buying the PS3 after the release... huhu
Considering Santa Monica Studios is owned by Sony, I would sure hope that God of War III is released on
PS3.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
07-16-2008, 03:08 PM

yup, the crystal tools engine is PC based...
But in an interview available on IGN some dude from Square said that the quality of the original PS3 version will not be affected at all because tehy will be using two different teams..

worse case scenario we'll have to wait an extra month for the Xbox team to be able to put the game across 4-5 discs...

anyways, what happened last night?

*also, I thought I read last year that E3 was dying down?

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Capcom (Offline)
New to JF

07-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
E3 - Loads of great games to come!
Sorry, but E3 Failed and we all know it. Nintendo Conference was wack, Wii Music and Wii Sports something...? Microsoft comes with there casual shit.... Lips anyone? and Sony well, where was White Knight Story, Kingdom Hearts, the NCsoft MMO and where was the megaton to fuck Microsoft after the FFXIII thingy.

Last edited by Capcom : 07-16-2008 at 08:42 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

07-16-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah, a lot is missing so far but I'm excited about Wiimotion Plus and animal crossing. I want a new motion sensitive DS to be released. Also, Reggie said something is coming later this week.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Capcom (Offline)
New to JF

07-16-2008, 08:52 PM

Really, Then I hope it's nothing casual again because Reggie's comment on the hardocre games...

Quote:
In a brief interview on G4 following Nintendo’s media briefing, Fils-Aime explained, “How could you feel left out? The Animal Crossing that we’ve been hearing about that people wanted. Fully connected to the Internet, go to other people’s towns. Plus as I said, Grand Theft Auto on the DS. How do you feel left out with those types of announcements?”
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

07-16-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
The game is being developed on PC, and being made for PS3. After PS3 is finished development for the 360 version starts.

You must have missed something huge here. Microsoft did not pay anything to Square. Do you want to know how I know this? There isn't going to be a Japanese version of the game.

I'm sure you know how piss poor the sales for 360 are in Japan, why would Microsoft pay to have a game on their system but not allow the game's largest audience the ability to touch it? The audience they need the game for. I'll tell you why. Square is expanding to the west, and 360 has the install bases in EU/NA.

What he means with a poorer quality game overall is partially correct. With the 360 and PS3 in particular the consoles have very very different architectures, and must be designed in very different ways. In order to make multi-platform game one of two things have to happen:
  1. You need to have development for the game on both consoles at the same time, making it feasable to run on both consoles. This is the unpreffered method for developers because it costs more with little results over all, because the game is being made for two consoles anyway and not one's specific design.
  2. Making a game only one one console and porting it to another. This is the prefered method and often leaves one of the versions lacking unless real attention is put into it.

What Square is doing is finishing FFXIII for PS3, and designing it for PS3. They are then going to port the game for 360. The most likely drawback to this is that the 360 version is going to have several discs. Since no one has any idea what the game play looks like, or how it plays that's the only thing people can safely assume.
I see! They didn't pay anything? I knew it wasn't going to be out in Japan for the 360, but I just assumed as a business they would have paid for it. Anyway, thanks for the info Tyrien.

I don't mind several disks though, I'd rather have that than have to buy a PS3 just for that game, and I'm sure a lot of people think the same. I'm actually going to buy it this time, I mean I've never been a fan of FF at all but I'm trying to give it a chance, especially with the new game.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I see! They didn't pay anything? I knew it wasn't going to be out in Japan for the 360, but I just assumed as a business they would have paid for it. Anyway, thanks for the info Tyrien.

I don't mind several disks though, I'd rather have that than have to buy a PS3 just for that game, and I'm sure a lot of people think the same. I'm actually going to buy it this time, I mean I've never been a fan of FF at all but I'm trying to give it a chance, especially with the new game.
Yes, they didn't pay. Mixing the fact it won't be released i Japan, and the interview with Square reps shortly after the announcment all signs point to this being a Square-only choice.

Sony just showed their usual trailers, CGI God of War 3, and info on Resistance/LBP/KZ2, everything that was expected. Sony's surprise was MAG (Massive Action Game), which is apparently capable of 256 players in the same game. That's 32 teams of 8, not 256 people on their own.

Microsoft, aside from getting to speak for Square only brought their Dashboard makeover to the table, which does look interesting but doesn't at the same time.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 07-16-2008 at 10:44 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcom View Post
Sorry, but E3 Failed and we all know it. Nintendo Conference was wack, Wii Music and Wii Sports something...? Microsoft comes with there casual shit.... Lips anyone? and Sony well, where was White Knight Story, Kingdom Hearts, the NCsoft MMO and where was the megaton to fuck Microsoft after the FFXIII thingy.
That will be announced at the Square party in August

lol
VGBoxArt - Viewing full version of requested box

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.