LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-29-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey View Post
Oh and don't make it on earth again, pt it back on mobius.
Seconded! Couldnt have said it better myself!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Athefre (Offline)
New to JF

11-29-2008, 07:12 PM

There isn't much a company can do with side-scrolling platformers now that would make it feel great/unique. Play the GBA/DS Sonic games, they are just as fun and the same as the old ones but they don't feel as good because you didn't play them when you were younger; they didn't come out around those good times.

Look at probably the best/most care (and time) put into/most creative side-scrolling game to come out in the last 5 years, New Super Mario Bros. I loved it as much as the old ones but many Mario fans would say it doesn't feel as good as the older games. But, if it had came out in 1995 many fans would put it up there with Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, SM64, and Galaxy as the best in the series.

I was one of the biggest Sonic fans you could find in the 90's, but after playing the glitchy Sonic Adventure games and seeing all of those Sonic Snowboarding and Sonic Sword releases, I no longer care about Sega releasing a good Sonic game. If only Sega had spent the time to make those side-stories as good as what Nintendo did with their Mario sports titles.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

11-30-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Seconded! Couldnt have said it better myself!
I know. Putting it on earth seriously limits their creativity. They could do anything on mobius because it was made up.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey View Post
I know. Putting it on earth seriously limits their creativity. They could do anything on mobius because it was made up.
Robotnik (yes, always Robotnik) was much more creative on mobius too.. his new badniks, if they even deserve that name, are really unorigional or copies of the GUN robots. I'd rather be running away from the scattering spikes of a catakiller than using a homing attack on one of them round red things with that jousting thing..

Why doesnt he trap animals in them anymore? i thought they were the source of the badniks power?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM

The retro Sonic games were the best, as they were designed around a character who ran fast, designed with levels to accommodate that kind of gameplay.

Sonic Adventure was the best of Sonic's 3D games. A good balance of speed and gameplay dynamics to make this amazing.

Sonic Adventure 2 was the first step in the wrong direction, with little focus on what made Sonic Sonic, and instead focusing on other elements (like new characters). Still, not too bad a game.

Sonic Heroes was horrible.

And the trend has continued ever since.

Even with the new game, Sonic Unleashed. Wonder why reviewers are saying they only like half of the game? That's because only half of the game is Sonic running through levels at high speeds.

Now if only Sega actually listened to their fan and consumer base...

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM

Sonic Unleashed came out a few days ago, and looking at the site (which looks and sounds rockin') is really funny. They highlight in all the trailers the part where Sonic's runnin' and doing his thing instead of when he's fighting as a big monster.

Shows to go ya' that Sega may know what they're doing, but are forced to submit to their corporate consumer taskmasters.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

Sonic 2 Hd!! - 01-02-2009, 08:45 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by SHAD0W : 04-09-2020 at 10:58 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
krisiichi (Offline)
JF n00b

Send a message via MSN to krisiichi
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM

that looks sooooooooo cool. are they only gonna make it as a pc game, or is there any hope of it being relesed on console?

Dream 2 Defy!!!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

01-06-2009, 12:31 AM

PC game only. Anyone can download the demo, google it

(#20 (permalink))
Old
krisiichi (Offline)
JF n00b

Send a message via MSN to krisiichi
01-06-2009, 12:34 AM

ahhh. that sucks. if there was ever a chance of this being released on wiiware id download it straight away

Dream 2 Defy!!!!