JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/21175-sonic-hedgehog-4-a.html)

SHAD0W 11-28-2008 01:10 AM

Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Does anyone else think it would be awesome if Sega and Sonic Team pulled a Megaman 9 on us and went retro?

The first 3 sonic games were the best of the whole series and Sega could use what they know now about what to do with sonic (like not give him anymore "friends" out of their random coloured animal generator or not to give him a sword or a werewolf form).

Possibilites are endless! Sega needs to do something like this for Sonic to pay him back for all the crap they put him through since Sonic Adventure 2. Either that or they should let him die with what little dignity he has left.

Any ideas? maybe we could get a collection of good ideas, translate to japanese and then each send a copy to sonic team and bombard them with what the fans really want!?

Keaton421 11-28-2008 02:07 AM

The only people who look forward to new Sonic games are furries and idiots.

It will only get worse from here.

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 634757)
The only people who look forward to new Sonic games are furries and idiots.

It will only get worse from here.

Well, I'm neither a furry nor an idiot, so obviously you are quite wrong my good sir.

A retro Sonic game would be awesome. But I think the new Knight game looks cool too.

Keaton421 11-28-2008 02:11 AM

TOTALLY RAD!

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 634760)

TOTALLY RAD!

And, I agree.

Ronin4hire 11-28-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 634729)

The first 3 sonic games were the best of the whole series and Sega could use what they know now about what to do with sonic (like not give him anymore "friends" out of their random coloured animal generator or not to give him a sword or a werewolf form).

I fully agree about the friends thing.

Tails, Knuckles and Robo-sonic were all it should've come to. Though I suppose SEGA wanted to have a Mario type lineup but instead of Princesses, Mushroom people and Dinosaur things you'd have woodland animals.

SHAD0W 11-28-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainThunder (Post 634762)
And, I agree.

Why does the ultimate life form (hes better than Shadow, so SA2 tells us) need a sword? or any weapon for that matter?

Sega shouldnt of tried to fix what wasnt broken.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles = Best Sonic Game

CaptainThunder 11-28-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 634898)
Why does the ultimate life form (hes better than Shadow, so SA2 tells us) need a sword? or any weapon for that matter?

Sega shouldnt of tried to fix what wasnt broken.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles = Best Sonic Game

Well, Shadow was only a prototype of the ultimate life-form ;) </powerlevelshowing>

IMHO, Sonic Adventure was the best Sonic game, past or present. I don't even know what made it so good, I've just played it start to end more times than I can count and I love it every time.

But if we're restricting the field to only the 2D games, I would have to say that Sonic 2 is my favorite.

Kyoiism 11-28-2008 01:35 PM

I haven't played a Sonic game in a long time!

Shiningmonkey 11-28-2008 09:14 PM

I think they should either go with the 2-d retro idea or make another 3-d game but completely sidescrolling. Oh and don't make it on earth again, pt it back on mobius.