JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-16-2008, 11:26 PM

360: RROD

ps3: a housebrick with no backward compatabilty and no origional content bar LittleBigPlanet

Wii: *waggle* does not equal win.

Plenty of firewood there..

SEGA MEGA DRIVE FOR THE WIN!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#42 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
SEGA MEGA DRIVE FOR THE WIN!
Where did I read/hear this before?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-16-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Where did I read/hear this before?
nice....

I never said sixaxis was better, I was making a comparison same as Crani.

@shadow, only the 40gb model doesn't have backwards compatibility, if it's that important to you, then don't be cheap..

For the record, having to pay for online play sucks, having to buy a wireless adapter sucks, not having Full HD output sucks, having to change discs religiously sucks, having a faulty console (60+% failure rate) sucks, having to wait upwards of 1 month for microsoft to fix said console sucks, having to keep buying batteries sucks, having to pay for a rechargeable battery pack sucks.... I can do this all day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
but I don't want to able to count every single hair the actors have, that doesnt add much to movie experience.
it adds to the experience, assuming your TV can support it... let's not forget the True HD 5.1 Surround Sound on most Blu-Ray's.. Anyone see The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray... ORGASMIC.... especially the three scenes shot in IMAX.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 12-16-2008 at 11:37 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
12-16-2008, 11:48 PM

The 80GB and the new 60GB also don't have backards compability.
I play a PS2 game (NBA 06) on the older 60 GB and boy what a piece of garbage the PS2 emulation is, the image was really awfull, so I think they did a smart move removing that chip, because it is not worth it.
And a friend of mine broke his PS3 and it's going to take 2 months for them to give him a new one. And all the new Xbox's come with HDMI, so you can play and view movies in full HD, it even upscales DVD to full HD with the DVD addon.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#45 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-17-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
I play a PS2 game (NBA 06) on the older 60 GB and boy what a piece of garbage the PS2 emulation is, the image was really awfull, so I think they did a smart move removing that chip, because it is not worth it.
And a friend of mine broke his PS3 and it's going to take 2 months for them to give him a new one. And all the new Xbox's come with HDMI, so you can play and view movies in full HD, it even upscales DVD to full HD with the DVD addon.
I bought me an Xbox on Sept 5th, and mine didn't come with an HDMI cables, I think you mean the Hybrid Component/Composite (HD/SD). And only the Elite supports full 1080p HD (not available while watching HD-DVD, DVD playback not upscaled in component output mode)

Xbox 360 Output - DigiWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Having to buy en extra control for "Rumble" sucks (What? you dont care about rumble? im just making a comparison.. lol - + id take rumble over sixaxis anyday actually id take a control with no rumble and no sixaxis over a control with sixaxis like sixaxis is legitimately horrible.

"I was playing mirrors edge - i was lying down on the couch but when i ran accross a pole a fell to my death because my control was sideways."

Just for the record aswell, Everybody knows that its not a 60%+ failure rate. But saying it makes you seem a little bit desperate. "Well, uh you haz a billionz%% failurez rate"

To sony's credit - I did like the bluetooth controllers.

Have fun playing with your cool control.. on your shitty game. "Oh yeah the actual PS3 control shape sucks too, Only bluetooth is cool"
as for online, there are around 50,000 people online playing CoD:WaW at any given moment on the PSN. CoD 4 still has a surprising fanbase (probably until X-mas when every gets WaW)

Soul Calibur IV lobbies are packed as well as the Metal Gear Onlin lobbies

Now that most of the glitches in SOCOM:Confrontation are fixed there are more and more people playing that now... (I personally just bought it for the official PLAYSTATION headset, which is awesome, btw.)

Newer PS3's come with a rumble controller.

The menu in Mirror's Edge gives you the option to turn off motion sensor, don't blame the game for operator error.

It's a well-known fact that the Xbox's failure rate is exponentially higher than that of the PS3.

Bluetooth controllers are good, up to seven people can play on a console.
Only thing I dislike would have to be the lack of multiple people being able to play a multi-player game online from the same console as available on the 360.

I think it's funny how you base your entire argument on the "removal of graphics" and other things that are obviously your opinions on which controller you like better, and your lack of accessing the game menu...

the 360 is the Vista of game consoles... Cool on the outside, but they rushed it out to make money... the original XBOX owned the PS2 in almost every aspect, it had a hard drive, better processor, and the game selection was fairly good... but they let it go to their heads if you ask me...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-17-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry what? New 60gb? There hasn't been any 60gb in production since the 40/80 GB transition. There's a 160GB bundle that was released though, if that's what you meant.

If you played that on the euro 60gb then yes, it's emulation. The US/JPN 60/20gb did hardware emulation with the PS2 graphics and processing chip. There was hardly any games that didn't work with it.

How can you play movies in full HD with the xbox's HDMI? You can have ripped HD movies but those typically take a hit in quality as well. Also any actual HD movie is typically in MKV format, which the 360 cannot recognize and won't for a while until MKV supports the newest divx. The downloaded HD movies aren't really top quality... they have the resolution but not the clarity.

Also need to go on to say do you even know what "Full HD" is? For starters it's more or less a marketing term to sell TVs. Secondly I don't think you know what upscaling is. You're never going to get the quality a native signal (as in the image was natively rendered as 1920x1080 before it was packaged into a video file, and in progressive scan. by upscaling a standard definition signal. Look up how upscaling works and what it actually is... it's not really HD it just cleans the image up slightly for playing it on an HDTV.

The 360's add-on is for HDDVD, which is 1080p... however that's a dead format. It's not supported and there will never be a movie produced on it again, let alone additional copies of existing HDDVD movies produced. Stores do not carry HDDVDs or the addons unless it's at a severely reduced price and that's only to clear out the stock.

All 360s built after the revisions made in late 2007 will have an HDMI port in the back. Any 360 with the HDMI port can support 1080p output. Only the elite comes with an HDMI cable I believe though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
the 360 is the Vista of game consoles... Cool on the outside, but they rushed it out to make money... the original XBOX owned the PS2 in almost every aspect, it had a hard drive, better processor, and the game selection was fairly good... but they let it go to their heads if you ask me...
Horrible analogy. I get what you were going for but it's just bad. It's a bad analogy because the 360 is a success, Vista is not. Vista is continuing to lose microsoft market share. The funny thing is most of it is because of bad press and the changes from xp that people are so used to.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-17-2008, 01:58 AM

I prefer the 360 to be honest.

All the good Windows/Vista games that require a high end PC get released on it. I can't afford a high end PC.

PS3 is next because the Wii is for kids in my opinion.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM

First: I don't think anybody has said it yet, but I've heard this before (no joke): PC games ported to the 360/PS3 look just the same if not better than on the PC. ...may I see the proper dosage on your med Rx Sorry to disappoint you, but the 360 is just an out-of-date computer, and the PS3 is just a slightly newer version of that. A technician doesn't sneak into your house and magically swap out old hardware for new. ;] This was worthy of a chuckle.

*waggle* HMMM?!?! WIN?!?! Remarkable! Try it sometime unless you're so lazy you can't move your arm a few inches to realize there is more to the Wii than you first thought. *Sniffs bias and 360/Halo FB's on the wind* ......nevermind.
Really, I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that hate the Wii because it forces them to move a few muscles to operate. You move more muscles and joints typing up your terrible, spine-less, and biased complaints about how bad the Wii is and how you'd much rather be repeatedly playing an unimaginative sequel to the most hyped and FB'ish shooter series of all time on your fat controller. Hooray!

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-17-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
First: I don't think anybody has said it yet, but I've heard this before (no joke): PC games ported to the 360/PS3 look just the same if not better than on the PC. ...may I see the proper dosage on your med Rx Sorry to disappoint you, but the 360 is just an out-of-date computer, and the PS3 is just a slightly newer version of that. A technician doesn't sneak into your house and magically swap out old hardware for new. ;] This was worthy of a chuckle.

*waggle* HMMM?!?! WIN?!?! Remarkable! Try it sometime unless you're so lazy you can't move your arm a few inches to realize there is more to the Wii than you first thought. *Sniffs bias and 360/Halo FB's on the wind* ......nevermind.
Really, I can't tell you how many people I've talked to that hate the Wii because it forces them to move a few muscles to operate. You move more muscles and joints typing up your terrible, spine-less, and biased complaints about how bad the Wii is and how you'd much rather be repeatedly playing an unimaginative sequel to the most hyped and FB'ish shooter series of all time on your fat controller. Hooray!
I agree with you about PC's... the only problem with PC's is that they're damn expensive.

As for the Wii... I don't mind it... nice idea with the Wiimote but there hasn't been a game that has realised it's potential in my opinion.

The Sword action in red steel was a cool idea but executed clumsily.... perhaps if they refine such gameplay future hit games will be more forthcoming rather than gimicky kiddy games
(#50 (permalink))
Old
RoninDistance (Offline)
Dreaming of the Osaka Sun

12-17-2008, 11:21 AM

As far as I can tell, if you go crazy for all things Japan, the Wii is the best choice, along with the DS. The other consoles are fine, but other than better graphics (and perhaps, Blu-ray), I don't see much reason to buy them. So far, only Mirror's Edge, Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Valkyria Chronicles have managed to impress me. The rest of the line-up is so-so, with countless copies of Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto, and Resistance, and FPS's as far as the eye can see. The Wii does suck at pretty much everything, but it has the Virtual Console, innovative controls, and it's share of original IPs. Mario Galaxy alone warrants a purchase, but when you add Animal Crossing: City Folk, No More Heroes, Wii Music, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3, the winner is clear. I just wish the Wii-mote was easier to use. "Wiiitis" is no joke.