JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
12-24-2008, 07:06 AM

Being a video gamer for 11 years[since I was smaller in the kindergarten days xD], I'd have to say the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii have their flaws and their strengths.

PS3 - Good graphics, good games, good gameplay. Mostly a fighter/RPG/shooter system.

Xbox 360 - Okay graphics, some good games, okay gameplay. First person shooter, family oriented system.

Wii - Good graphics, fun to screw around with, not many good games; family-oriented, interactive gameplay. Mostly party/family oriented system.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's move on to which one is doing better in sales out of the three.

The Wii has both systems beaten by far, having over 2 million sales. Even though they might be doing well, this doesn't mean their stocks are in the crapper. But how did they reach over 2 million, you ask? Well, it's because parents go bloody crazy when they find stores with Wiis in stock, since not many are to be found in their local stores. Not only that, but that people buy them so they can have fun with the family, hence why it has more FAMILY-ORIENTED GAMES. It does not mean the Wii is "gay" or "lame" or any other bullcrap you say about it, it just appeals to a different audience. I come from owning a Wii myself, and playing the two competing systems as well.

To be honset, NO SYSTEM is better than the other.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunda View Post
So...those who know their way around say PS3, except Misa.

Others are just cheapfucks
Well I'm not totally dismissing the PS3, it's just not my thing. I did like the PS2 but the main franchise I liked on the PS2 isn't on the PS3, it's on the Wii, so that's basically it. [The franchise is Project Zero/Fatal Frame btw.] Saying that, there are a few games that are coming out for the PS3 which look pretty cool so I'm not losing hope in it ~
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-28-2008, 02:00 AM

I just learned from my brother that the PS3 is the most powerful system on the market, more so than any computer even @_@, but it's potential hasn't been found yet. It's like a super computer. I can hardly believe it... and I can't wait to see what it'll bring in the future as far as games and features.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#84 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-28-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
I just learned from my brother that the PS3 is the most powerful system on the market, more so than any computer even @_@, but it's potential hasn't been found yet. It's like a super computer. I can hardly believe it... and I can't wait to see what it'll bring in the future as far as games and features.
meh ... you have been missinformed.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-28-2008, 04:39 AM

Right now I'm in love with my new PS3. It's amazing. *drools puddles of love around it*

I've also been very Wii-ified lately. There are so many great games coming out or just coming out that I want to get that aren't M rated! So I think I'm getting back into my Wii again.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-28-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
Being a video gamer for 11 years[since I was smaller in the kindergarten days xD], I'd have to say the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii have their flaws and their strengths.

PS3 - Good graphics, good games, good gameplay. Mostly a fighter/RPG/shooter system.

Xbox 360 - Okay graphics, some good games, okay gameplay. First person shooter, family oriented system.

Wii - Good graphics, fun to screw around with, not many good games; family-oriented, interactive gameplay. Mostly party/family oriented system.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's move on to which one is doing better in sales out of the three.

The Wii has both systems beaten by far, having over 2 million sales. Even though they might be doing well, this doesn't mean their stocks are in the crapper. But how did they reach over 2 million, you ask? Well, it's because parents go bloody crazy when they find stores with Wiis in stock, since not many are to be found in their local stores. Not only that, but that people buy them so they can have fun with the family, hence why it has more FAMILY-ORIENTED GAMES. It does not mean the Wii is "gay" or "lame" or any other bullcrap you say about it, it just appeals to a different audience. I come from owning a Wii myself, and playing the two competing systems as well.

To be honset, NO SYSTEM is better than the other.
Dude, you couldn't have said it better. I agree with you all the way.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#87 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-28-2008, 04:49 AM

I mean, you can't just stay with the positives with a gaming system. Every gaming system has its flaws and people need to realize that fact and get over themselves >> Friggin' primadonnas D<
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-28-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post
I mean, you can't just stay with the positives with a gaming system. Every gaming system has its flaws and people need to realize that fact and get over themselves >> Friggin' primadonnas D<
Here's how I see this console war.

First off the Wii should not be included. It is a console aimed at the casual gamer and young kids. It's hardware just can't compete with the 360 and PS3 and it's games are of a different type.

XBox 360

Strength- More games

PS3

Strength- Power

When games get better then perhaps the PS3's power will give it the edge but the 360 while being the weaker console has enough power to handle the games being released today.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-28-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Here's how I see this console war.

First off the Wii should not be included. It is a console aimed at the casual gamer and young kids. It's hardware just can't compete with the 360 and PS3 and it's games are of a different type.

XBox 360

Strength- More games

PS3

Strength- Power

When games get better then perhaps the PS3's power will give it the edge but the 360 while being the weaker console has enough power to handle the games being released today.
Thanks for proving my point~
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-28-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
meh ... you have been missinformed.
Hardly. An astrophysicist linked 8 PS3s together and was able to compute the same amount of data as 200 supercomputers. Not to mention it was much much more cost effective.

Edit: Fact: Sony powers their servers with PS3s.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子

Last edited by Arikado : 12-31-2008 at 02:34 PM.