JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Which is better? Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?
Sony PSP 30 37.97%
Nintendo DS 37 46.84%
Both 12 15.19%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Tturtle (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-28-2009, 09:44 PM

I have both. I think I like the DS better especially now that I have the DSi, but I end up playing the PSP more because of games like Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, etc.

Has anyone checked the coring room?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Clove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Clove Send a message via MSN to Clove Send a message via Skype™ to Clove
05-10-2009, 11:03 PM

Well i have both systems, and i enjoy them pretty equally at the moment.

The ds seems to have more pick up and play games, where as the psp has more immersive games, plus I have been flying a lot lately, so those umd movies are pretty sweet on 3 hour plane rides (and i've bought quite a few for 5 bucks at gamestop)

So i chose both...BUT, the new DSi. I haven't had a chance to get one yet, but i like what i see, that might tip the scales in ds' favor.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Piddy (Offline)
吸血鬼

05-15-2009, 09:11 AM

If I got one of them I'd get a DS. Though, is the new DSi much better then it's older versions? Except of the built in camera and slimness, what's new?

ピッディ
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-15-2009, 09:57 AM

I had both, and ended up selling my DS in order to help the funds for a PS3 :P

I love Sony, I ain't gonna lie. But seems like I'll need to buy another DS for the new Pokemon games.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#25 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-15-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikkiFM View Post
gamers around the world is goin gogo and gaga over this 2 device. but which one is better? in my own point of view, if you really are a gamer,, i recommend DS. classic games, super mario, FF Tactics A-2, Rhapsody and many more.

i like both.. but i like DS better..
how bout you guys?

Great thread as I have no idea, but strongly considering purchasing one for my 2.5 year old son and dad will do most of the playing

So all in all, I shall take your advice and purchase the DS? Is that the SONY Playstation model?

I don't really need all the other fancy parts. Just a machine that plays games when attached to the TV, afterall, I already have a DVD player, computer with hard drive, etc.

ALl help much appreciated

Cheers - Oz
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Piddy (Offline)
吸血鬼

05-16-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Great thread as I have no idea, but strongly considering purchasing one for my 2.5 year old son and dad will do most of the playing

So all in all, I shall take your advice and purchase the DS? Is that the SONY Playstation model?

I don't really need all the other fancy parts. Just a machine that plays games when attached to the TV, afterall, I already have a DVD player, computer with hard drive, etc.

If you want a gaming console connected to the TV, especially for your son I recommend the Nintendo Wii. It has the most child friendly games. The Sony PSP and Nintendo DS that are discussed in this thread are both handheld like a Gameboy.

ピッディ
(#27 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-16-2009, 11:09 PM

I always liked PSP more, probably because I'm a Final Fantasy freak and wanted Crisis Core so badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post

Get a Nintendo Wii, also you might be interested to get these games 9 Best Nintendo Wii Video Games For Your Kids - Parenting.com (click on next on that page to see the games and description). Most of them involve the whole family and also are good for your child as he grows.

There are more mature titles but when your kid gets at that age I guess a new console will come.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

05-17-2009, 11:26 PM

I knew I would be outnumbered...

I love my PSP. I use it EVERYDAY, and it's just amazing. I've done so much with it more than I ever have done with my bff's DS I stole from her because she doesn't play it.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#29 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-18-2009, 01:10 AM

PsP. Reasons are UMD videos, MP3, Inernet Browser and good games like "Crisis Core", "FF1 & 2", "Guilty Gear" etcetc. The battery life is not as good as a DS but it does last me a solid day of playing so its good enough. I do like the DS but the PsP wins for me by a tiny fraction because the new DSI cannot play MP3 format sounds, not as good browser and cameras? My mobile has a much better camera with 8 Mega Pix and flash haha. Yea, PsP rules
(#30 (permalink))
Old
magicalgirlj (Offline)
moetaku

07-29-2009, 10:31 PM

DS all the way. PSP does not have Megaman Star Force

avatar- Kamio Misuzu from Air tv
please buy anime DVD's and manga