LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
thus I dissagree with your opinion that Tidus has more personality then anyone prior to FF X. Yes, voice overs make the characters more lively, but not that much where they has more personality than previous ones. If I were to agree with that, then it be the same as saying that Kimahri has more personality then... lets say, Barret or anyone else, just because he has a voice over.
I don't think Tidus has more personality then anyone prior to X either, I was just trying to make an example that perhaps you thought a voiced character was easier to understand in terms of character and personality. I think that was a bad example to give on my part.

When you explain things more it makes it easier to understand what you mean. A lot of your posts that I have read people misunderstand because you don't give enough details on your part. I like your comparison of Kimahri. Kimahri hardly says a thing and his character is pretty damn dull. Barret of the most liveliest ones in all of VII, so no arguments there.

Quote:
PS: This thread was derailed from the begining, I see no point why we should stop, not to mention there isn't much to talk about FF XIII anyway.
You misunderstand, I didn't mean about the thread being derailed, we were talking about Vaan and Squall, then I went and switched the topic to Tidus and cloud, making it go off the topic we wre on.

Quote:
Maybe calling him an emo was wrong, but that's how he looks to me. I didn't like Squall was because he shunned everyone away with his annoying "loner" behaviour, which is lame. Through the game all the characters show affection to him, wanting to be friends or more, but you got to put with this "I don't let people in because I'm afraid to get hurt" crap, until the end when he finally realizes he loves Rinoa and when that's done it's time to save the world. From each FF series you get a main character who's not only looks, but also personality differs from the last one. While Squall was more like a genetically-altered clone of Cloud.
The reason why I compared Vaan and Squall was because of their same ages and they have similar pasts.
When you explained more it helps me to see more where you are coming from. I don't really see how Squall is like a clone of Cloud. Cloud just has an " I don't care" attitude about everything. Until he met Aerith his views changed to some degree, later on after she dies, he started to turn the anger from Sephiroth onto himself. This is much different then Squall. Squall had no friends and didn't want any, Squall followed order and had a game plan. Cloud was the leader and listened to others.

I don't think there was ever a time when Squall actually whined, but I can see how it became annoying to you how he constantly spoke of Ellone and all that.

Quote:
FF VI is nothing like FF. It's has a deep story in it. What am I trying to say here, if you think that FFVI doesn't differ from FF, then you're completly wrong.
Perhaps I should of make it more clear. When I said I didn't play the first VI, I meant I didn't play the first six games. I didn't play 1-6. I only played 7-12. So personally I know virtually nothing about the first six games. Though I have played a bit of FFI recently.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-27-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
When you explained more it helps me to see more where you are coming from. I don't really see how Squall is like a clone of Cloud. Cloud just has an " I don't care" attitude about everything. Until he met Aerith his views changed to some degree, later on after she dies, he started to turn the anger from Sephiroth onto himself. This is much different then Squall. Squall had no friends and didn't want any, Squall followed order and had a game plan. Cloud was the leader and listened to others.
I used the word geneticly altered for a reason here. I didn't say he's the exact copy of Cloud, but rather an exaggerated version of his "I don't care" personality. In the beginning Cloud was also cold when he joined the Avalanche, Same thing with Squall only it's streched through 2 CDs. Although like you said their development turned to different directions as the stories went.

Quote:
I don't think there was ever a time when Squall actually whined.
I already mentioned one. It's the time when Irvine slapped sense into him to save Rinoa (He was whining then, alright) The other moment was when Balamb was attacked and Cid told that Squall is in charge. He was whining how the responsibility was to huge for him at a time when he was needed.

Quote:
Perhaps I should of make it more clear. When I said I didn't play the first VI, I meant I didn't play the first six games. I didn't play 1-6. I only played 7-12. So personally I know virtually nothing about the first six games. Though I have played a bit of FFI recently.
Sorry, I got the impresion, that FF VI seemed no different to you just because you played FF. My apologies.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I already mentioned one. It's the time when Irvine slapped sense into him to save Rinoa (He was whining then, alright) The other moment was when Balamb was attacked and Cid told that Squall is in charge. He was whining how the responsibility was to huge for him at a time when he was needed.

Your recollection of VIII is better then mine, once you mentioned those parts I definitely remembered. Squall's "whining" is due to low self esteem. He doesn't think he is good enough. Definitely a character trait that he and Cloud share.

I don't really see how the two of them can be compared, but I understand your take on it.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2009, 05:24 PM

Whats the storyline of this new one?
(#45 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 06:13 AM

I'm not sure the storyline, but I really want to play the Versus one! It looks all dark and sexy =D

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

08-01-2009, 10:41 AM

I heard that Versus was going to be turn based, where as XIII is going to be action.

If so, I'm curious to know what type of game play it'll be like. Like, FFIX? Or perhaps FFX? Or maybe even FFVII?

As you level, will you use the grid? Will you equip gear that gives extra abilities, like in FFIX? OR perhaps, materia-like instead.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

08-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
I heard that Versus was going to be turn based, where as XIII is going to be action.
Actually it's the other way around. The battle system in FF XIII will be similar to FF XII and the ATB will return, but it'll work differently then before.
Here's demo of the battle system

About FF III Versus, there aren't any news about the battle system right now, but I'm sure it's gonna be an action RPG like Crisis Core, with few differences as well.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-01-2009, 12:49 PM

The battle system seems cool. Like XII with adjusted options. I enjoyed the battle system on XII but I couldn't finish it because the enemies suddenly jumped in level and i got pwned.

You cannot compare FFI through IV to anything because they were all the same pretty much with limited character developement.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I enjoyed the battle system on XII but I couldn't finish it because the enemies suddenly jumped in level and i got pwned.
Same thing happened to me!! The farthest I got was that tower with like 100 or so levels, and one of the bosses was a big flying fish. Could not get past that!

Someone tell me when CLAMP will finish X!!??
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

08-01-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Actually it's the other way around. The battle system in FF XIII will be similar to FF XII and the ATB will return, but it'll work differently then before.
Here's demo of the battle system

About FF III Versus, there aren't any news about the battle system right now, but I'm sure it's gonna be an action RPG like Crisis Core, with few differences as well.
Looks interesting. I like the battle system.

As for Versus, I'm positive I read somewhere that it was going to be turn based. And I'd be willing to bet on that really. No point making two FF's, where both have basically the same combat.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -