JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM

I have the 360 version, and have tried the PS3 version... There is a HUGE difference in the frame rate and loading. Like, cringe worthy. I feel kind of bad that a lot of the reviews out there are based on the PS3 version, as it really does feel choppy while the 360 is perfectly smooth. They did some serious optimization that just did not carry over to the PS3. (Especially as it was ported by a totally different group...)

As for an update fixing the PS3 version - Sega released a statement saying they could not fix any loading... So so much for that.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Downloading the demo just now for PS3. My thoughts will be posted soon. lol

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#23 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-15-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
sir? I'm a girl :P but i suppose its good that i don't sound like a girl? :P

i played it on Very Easy at first, cause i suck at most games. now i'm trying it on normal 8D anyone figured out what those perfume things meant to do yet? i only just. it's awesome! :P

is everyone playing the PS3 or EggBox? the PS3 got the lower rating... which I can understand as if you wanted to skip a movie scene, it takes longer than actually watching the movie scene :P hopefully an update in the future fixes that
My apologies Ms Crimson.
I want to play it on Xbox
(#24 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

01-16-2010, 02:35 PM

well, i hope future PS3 updates of the game will fix all tha pooey-ness. 8)
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY BADLY want a pair of her glasses. :P

(#25 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

01-16-2010, 04:17 PM

I played the demo a while back and it was pretty good. Though you could tell it was made by the creator of devil may cry. It was like devil may cry with more guns seriously like guns on her shoes. The fighting was more fun but I had issues with the camera. The mini bosses were awesome and action commands looked cool.

P.S. If you are into the bare bottoms of hot video game characters you will probably want to get this game.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-16-2010, 10:09 PM

My friend showed me a bit of the gameplay. The gameplay and items are cool. You can even taunt :P Cuz you know, taunt is the most important part. jaja jk.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-17-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I have the 360 version, and have tried the PS3 version... There is a HUGE difference in the frame rate and loading. Like, cringe worthy. I feel kind of bad that a lot of the reviews out there are based on the PS3 version, as it really does feel choppy while the 360 is perfectly smooth. They did some serious optimization that just did not carry over to the PS3. (Especially as it was ported by a totally different group...)

As for an update fixing the PS3 version - Sega released a statement saying they could not fix any loading... So so much for that.
The short version is the game was originally developed as a 360 exclusive; taking advantage of the 360's technical architecture.

SEGA published the game for Platinum games, and SEGA is the one who wanted to have the game multiplatform. Platinum games is a rather small development team and did not have the financial resources to properly develop a PS3 version of the game, nor did SEGA want to invest. SEGA then decided to just port the game themselves. They were handed the source code and just made the game runnable on PS3.

To get the game working on PS3 as it is on the 360 would require a massive rework to the game engine Platinum built from the ground up. SEGA did not want to invest the time or the resources into doing so.

In short the game was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive at its conception, and SEGA does not want to invest to fix the PS3 version due to minimal to no financial gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
sir? I'm a girl :P but i suppose its good that i don't sound like a girl? :P

i played it on Very Easy at first, cause i suck at most games. now i'm trying it on normal 8D anyone figured out what those perfume things meant to do yet? i only just. it's awesome! :P

is everyone playing the PS3 or EggBox? the PS3 got the lower rating... which I can understand as if you wanted to skip a movie scene, it takes longer than actually watching the movie scene :P hopefully an update in the future fixes that
The fragrances will alter Bayonetta's outfit based on the weapon equiped. They are stackable as well.

For example: If have Druga's fragrance on Bayonetta will have a tail if the weapon is worn on her feet, and kitty ears if the weapon is worn on her hands. If she wears a pair on her hands and feet at the same time she will have both a tail and kitty ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge10 View Post
My friend showed me a bit of the gameplay. The gameplay and items are cool. You can even taunt :P Cuz you know, taunt is the most important part. jaja jk.
Actually...

Taunting is somewhat helpful. It causes the enemy to come at you which gives you an easier time anticipating their attack to counter/dodge.

There's also an accessory that will heal you as you taunt an enemy.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Actually...

Taunting is somewhat helpful. It causes the enemy to come at you which gives you an easier time anticipating their attack to counter/dodge.

There's also an accessory that will heal you as you taunt an enemy.
I see. That's coo. >=)
(#29 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-19-2010, 01:34 PM

I have the PS3 version, I don't find it sluggish or choppy at all. Bottom line is, rendering is smooth enough for the game to be fun. How fast do you want it to be anyways?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I have the PS3 version, I don't find it sluggish or choppy at all. Bottom line is, rendering is smooth enough for the game to be fun. How fast do you want it to be anyways?
It would be nice if the loading times were faster.

The problem wasn't about the speed of the game either, it was the frames per second and how smooth the game could run.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.