LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-12-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Downloaded the demo. The story didn't quite grab me. The graphics weren't bad, but I also didn't see anything special about it. The fighting system is great no complaints on that. Personally I don't think the character was that hot. Turns out they took parts from the hottest super models and made a super model Frankenstein monster. Just a pet peeve about her too is the way she stands when you don't do anything. It's like she's trying to lean on something that isn't there lol. The monster design was great though, definitely some of the best work Ive seen. Overall I'd say it was an alright game.
Thanks for your review, sir.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

01-12-2010, 08:48 AM

the story is... confusing. like every other anime. :P style is amazing, gameplay, amazing. its good, but if you're a technical cock about games and like games to be amazingly hard and all that, you probably wont like this. this game on very easy you can literally play with one hand leaving the other hand free for... Bayonetta appreciation

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-12-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
this game on very easy you can literally play with one hand leaving the other hand free for... Bayonetta appreciation
Wow, the creators thought about everything.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-12-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
the story is... confusing. like every other anime. :P style is amazing, gameplay, amazing. its good, but if you're a technical cock about games and like games to be amazingly hard and all that, you probably wont like this. this game on very easy you can literally play with one hand leaving the other hand free for... Bayonetta appreciation
Thanks for your review as well, sir!
Is this like the Devil May Cry series?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-13-2010, 12:10 AM

This is a really good game. I've been binging on it for the past few days, well actually every day since I purchased it on the 5th.

The story is actualy pretty good, but it's apparent the developers crammed in more story than the game could handle for it's length. There's a massive world and quite a bit of lore for this game. After its experienced start to finish loose ends start to make sense and it wraps up to be a great story.

The best part of this game is the combat, and all the weapon combinations that are possible. There's a huge variety too. Not a massive amount, but more than the average action adventure. This includes shotguns, massive claws, bazookas, a whip, hand guns, ice skates, and even a lightsaber.

There's plenty of content to unlock, such as; weapon specific appearances (Ex: If you buy the ice skate one she will have an angel feather band on her head, and a figure skater skirt on only while the skates are equipped), full costumes, accessories, characters, weapons, and even a hidden stage.

Anyone can play the game. Easy and very easy mode come with automatic play. This is a literal button mash; the game will do all the work for you. There's also normal, hard, and "infinite climax" to unlock. Infinite Climax mode disables witch time. Witch will speed up your attacks, and slow down enemies for a set amount of time when you time a dodge properly.

There's an accessory system in the game to farther customize play style. Two can be used at once. This includes things like disabling witch time, but dropping an explosive blast when dodging instead, or entering witch time temporarily at the cost of magic when you take damage.

Unlike most action adventure games Bayonetta does not have free roaming enemies. Bayonetta has something it likes to call verses. Each verse has a set number of enemies based on the difficulty level being played under. At the end of a verse a medal is awarded. The medal grade is determined by 3 factors: Combo points, Time, and damage taken. The medal is an average of the 3. Get all platinum and a pure platinum is awarded. The medals through the level average for a final trophy for the level.

More details I could go on about, but I think it's a great game.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

01-13-2010, 12:49 AM

*fan girl air leap* I really want this game i havent play the demo or anything but it looks awesome...... *runs to go try to convice mom to pre-order*
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

01-13-2010, 01:11 AM

Per order? The game released on the 5th :P

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

01-13-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge10 View Post
I'd say they style's close to it. Other than that, there isn't much in common.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

01-13-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Per order? The game released on the 5th :P
XD im really really BEHIND ON MY GAMING NEWS XD last time i actually read news on it wasnt even released yet, but now that i know that i can just go to game stop and buy it XP. lol
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

01-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge10 View Post
sir? I'm a girl :P but i suppose its good that i don't sound like a girl? :P

i played it on Very Easy at first, cause i suck at most games. now i'm trying it on normal 8D anyone figured out what those perfume things meant to do yet? i only just. it's awesome! :P

is everyone playing the PS3 or EggBox? the PS3 got the lower rating... which I can understand as if you wanted to skip a movie scene, it takes longer than actually watching the movie scene :P hopefully an update in the future fixes that