JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2007, 11:28 PM

I rented the game, it took me five days to get to 'Arbiter's Grounds' and I gave up half way through.

Before that game I had no problems making it through a Zelda game in a week.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
mrpawn (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to mrpawn
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM

OMG YOU GUYS!!! i loved twilight princess!!! but it was chalenging in much newer ways than previous ones, like ocarina of time(<--instant classic). twilight princess made me fall in love with zelda again. well, more in love than i already was. can't believe how good it was. but i didnt think it was too chalenging. but hey, has any1 ever noticed that the zelda franchise uses the number 3 alot? sure they have triforce blah blah blah.. but a LOT of bosses die with three strings of attacks. like in orcarina of time goma, the first boss (i think thats its name) dies after you knock him down and hit him with a string of attacks after three repititions of that strategy. in twilight princess the spider boss (i forgot what place its at) dies after you knock it down and slice and dice it three times. weird, isnt it?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
LadyMoonlight (Offline)
JF Regular

10-23-2007, 12:48 PM

Both 3's and 7's seem to be a mainstay of Zelda (and a lot of other things). They're what you'd call "perfect numbers" and suggest completion.

We played more LoZ PH last night! Huzzah! If I could just sit and play it all by myself, I'd totally be done by now.

LM
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Jessica91 (Offline)
Secrets should be kept...

10-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpawn View Post
OMG YOU GUYS!!! i loved twilight princess!!! but it was chalenging in much newer ways than previous ones, like ocarina of time(<--instant classic). twilight princess made me fall in love with zelda again. well, more in love than i already was. can't believe how good it was. but i didnt think it was too chalenging. but hey, has any1 ever noticed that the zelda franchise uses the number 3 alot? sure they have triforce blah blah blah.. but a LOT of bosses die with three strings of attacks. like in orcarina of time goma, the first boss (i think thats its name) dies after you knock him down and hit him with a string of attacks after three repititions of that strategy. in twilight princess the spider boss (i forgot what place its at) dies after you knock it down and slice and dice it three times. weird, isnt it?
Actually, on the arbiter's grounds boss I only had to knock him down and attack him twice to defeat him. I think with twilight princess bosses, it's not how many times you make a string of attacks at them, it's how much you attack him in one go hence the reson why I defeated him in two goes (mainly using spin attacks and powerful quick slashes while the spin attack was recharging).

Jessicaxo

(#15 (permalink))
Old
mrpawn (Offline)
JF Regular

10-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica91 View Post
Actually, on the arbiter's grounds boss I only had to knock him down and attack him twice to defeat him. I think with twilight princess bosses, it's not how many times you make a string of attacks at them, it's how much you attack him in one go hence the reson why I defeated him in two goes (mainly using spin attacks and powerful quick slashes while the spin attack was recharging).
well, most ppl i think would use mainly regular attacks. but it doesn't matter i just wanted to show a point.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

10-25-2007, 11:47 PM

Freakin' awesome I got mine a little while back and I love it! If you register it on nintendo.com you can get a free feather stlyus.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
mrpawn (Offline)
JF Regular

10-27-2007, 12:08 AM

hey does any1 have wifi or play battle mode? tell me!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
10-27-2007, 07:56 AM

Oh my...You're making me jealous. I'm lookinf forward to buy this game, it was supposed to get to the stores on october 19th, but it didn't. I hope it already has.

Awww, Concentra (portuguese distributor for Nintendo) thank's a lot
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-31-2007, 01:16 PM

My boyfriend just gave me money to buy this game I'm picking up today

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-03-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey View Post
Freakin' awesome I got mine a little while back and I love it! If you register it on nintendo.com you can get a free feather stlyus.
Exclusive to American and Canadian residents apparently, damn..(scab on off eBay I must!)

I've completed Phantom Hourglass and I really did enjoy the innovative touchscreen dependent gameplay, unlike the other games in my repertoire, this capitalizes on the unique features of the DS system (voice mic, etc). For this reason alone I loved the game.

As for the plot, meh, people don't play Zelda games for its clever plots, they play it because it's fun.