JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kinsora (Offline)
"Might there be mink?"

Japanese tutor - 03-19-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm looking for someone japanese or has lived in japan for a long time, to tutor me in japanese, for i have become rusty. If you are japanese and need to brush up on your english, i'll be happy to teach you, if in exchange you can help me in japanese. i'll be happy to learn any dialect. My email is private, so i will only be able to communicate via PM. thank you!!

PM me or post here if you are interested (preferrably PM)

If my Japanese confuses you, if you don't undestand, you are always free to correct my grammar.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsora View Post
I'm looking for someone japanese or has lived in japan for a long time, to tutor me in japanese, for i have become rusty.
Can we say "rusty" if we've never used something? Copy and Paste just doesn't count as practise.

brb, I'm off to practise my "brain surgery while flying a helicopter blindfolded" party trick - I'm a little rusty.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

03-19-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Can we say "rusty" if we've never used something? Copy and Paste just doesn't count as practise.

brb, I'm off to practise my "brain surgery while flying a helicopter blindfolded" party trick - I'm a little rusty.
that was completely uncalled for....and really rude....

anyway to the OP if i knew it i would be glad to teach you but i dont.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-19-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
I'd like to direct you to this:

アウトー漢字?

Where I started off being nice (or so it seemed), then Nyororin stepped in and I nearly inhailed my beer cuz i laughed so hard.

I dispise liars and by using translators to pretend your "rusty" is plain lying and it makes people who do endless hours of REAL study look like idiots.

I can say that even though the majority of JF dislike me, the real language learners will back me up on that one.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kinsora (Offline)
"Might there be mink?"

03-20-2009, 01:03 AM

I admit, i DID use a translator on about half of it, because i wanted to get the point across without confusion, and i'm sorry if it made no sense. You didn't have to point out that i did use a translator, and if you got the basic idea, you could have at least answered my question. And i do REALLY spend hours studying japanese out of textbooks, and disciplining myself, and making flash cards.
Quote:
I have used japanese, i have posed conversations with other people on this and other forums in true translator-free japanese. If you don't believe me, why not pose a simple conversation with me, and i will reply back, in my own words. if you are so picky about my japanese, then if you would be kind enough to help my japanese, i would greatly appreciate it, which brings me back to the original topic of this post. I am not saying that i don't like you for this, people like you, nyororin, and nagoyankee help learners with their japanese by correcting their mistakes. people learn from their mistakes. I was just trying to get the point across that if you criticize others rather then politely correct them, that won't get anyone anywhere. And thank you for being nicer than nyororin.

にほんごのせんせいでわたしあるか?
(DID WITHOUT TRANSLATOR, so feel free to correct me, anytime.)

If my Japanese confuses you, if you don't undestand, you are always free to correct my grammar.

Last edited by Kinsora : 03-20-2009 at 01:32 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

03-20-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
I disagree. You obviously can't read Japanese and therefore have no idea how non-sensical most of what Kinsora has posted in Japanese has been.

If someone relys on online translations, it's not easy for anyone to offer help.
I would much rather see people making mistakes while trying to construct sentences by themselves than just copying and pasting, which usually produces more and bigger mistakes.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kinsora (Offline)
"Might there be mink?"

03-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoyankee View Post
I disagree. You obviously can't read Japanese and therefore have no idea how non-sensical most of what Kinsora has posted in Japanese has been.

If someone relys on online translations, it's not easy for anyone to offer help.
I would much rather see people making mistakes while trying to construct sentences by themselves than just copying and pasting, which usually produces more and bigger mistakes.
I only use an online translator or dictionary to find words and sentence structures i cannot comprehend. Like, on one post i had to look up what "skill level" was in japanese, because i didn't know what it was. If people can correct me in my japanese politely, i can get better and then you can stop worrying about my grammar and focus on someone else's. I agree about the online translator making a mess out of sentences, but sometimes i have to resort to the to get the point across clearly.
さあ、私たちは商店とそのトピックあのスレッドあるか ?

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Lucas89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-20-2009, 05:31 PM

It is difficult for anybody to correct anything when nobody knows what you are trying to say in the first place.

My suggestion would be to also write in English, what you are trying to say in Japanese, that way even if you mess up the entire sentence someone will be able to point you in the right direction.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsora View Post
さあ、私たちは商店とそのトピックあのスレッドあるか ?
LOL what!??! This is why we don't use google.

Ok ok. ill be nice.

Japanese: さあ、私たちは商店とそのトピックあのスレッドあるか ?
English: well.... we Small shop and that topic that thread exists way over there?

You used は and か correctly though, well done *pats*

Last edited by SHAD0W : 03-20-2009 at 05:52 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
james1254 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-20-2009, 06:09 PM

Try writing like this:
what you want to wrtite in english
what you think it is in japanese

Try easier sentences at first, don't try to write harder stuff than you ca manage without a dictionary. Also never ever use Google translate for putting stuff in Japanese not even single words(use a dictionary).

「人は生れながら自由で 、しかもいたるところで鎖に縛られている」