JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

02-24-2008, 06:48 AM

ppl have written 4 pages without referring to anything. it seems indeed that this forum has gathered the creme de la creme of smart ppl. anrakushi might be excluded since he/she referred to something, it didn't help though. tenchu said some clever things, but....now having come across as the arrogant bastard i am on to the question of the op.

if you are not a celebrity, a former japanese citizen or have ancestors that are/were Japanese u might want to have a look at this.
How I became Japanese ....no, it is not me.

and here is the law.
The Nationality Law

Why is it difficult to find anything official in print on how to become a Japanese citizen? Because it is case by case, my friend.

while i am on it, perhaps i could continue with correcting some of the off-topic remarks too.
1. u don't get citizenship, u apply for it.
2. in reality u don't need to give up ur present citizenship, in theory however yes.
3. u don't need to be really fluent in japanese
4. There are indeed quite a couple of differences between being a permanent resident and a japanese citizen. u r allowed to vote, u don't need to carry the highly beloved alien registration card, u don't need to renew ur visa (yes, u do renew a permanent visa too), i believe u still need to get a re-entry permit if u r permanent, some professions exclude foreigners (prime example is of a korean, 在日朝鮮人, who couldn't become boss of something, or the foreigner (i forgot the nationality) who couldn't become even a volunteer fire-fighter and no need for fingerprinting every time u come back to japan (special permit residents are excluded)

there r of course other differences, but the tend to be more obvious ones or unofficial.

if i find anything wrong in my little essay or if u just think i am unsympathetic u can bash me all u want.

lastly, jpdragon, it's そんな関係ねぇ。just thought u wanted to know.

Last edited by blimp : 02-24-2008 at 07:04 AM. Reason: added the fingerprint part
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-24-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blimp View Post
ppl have written 4 pages without referring to anything. it seems indeed that this forum has gathered the creme de la creme of smart ppl.
How fortunate we are to have an expert here now.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-24-2008, 10:40 AM

We are very blessed by your presence blimp haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
. Now many Asian companies (arab and oriental) own the larger portions of most western countries, and in a sense, a country like Australia, where for every man woman and child, $200,000 is owed (mostly to Asian owned agencies).
where did you get this information? lets just see how this works out with your information:
20million people each have 200,000 debt to mostly foreign Asian owned agencies.
20,000,000 * 200,000 = $4,000,000,000,000 of debt. so where are the debt figures that lead to such a large amount of debt. we have a public debt (2006) of $585,000,000,000 but there is still a good $3,415,000,000,000 of debt missing from your figures. Considering that the top Australian banks are all Australian owned where do you get this?
(#34 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

02-24-2008, 02:24 PM

haven, u could also contact a immigration solicitor (lawyer).
please be aware that that they might want to charge u for whatever help they provide u.

warning, totally off-topic!

perhaps i should become a more frequent visitor here.
for making fun of me, u r more than welcome to do that, i have indeed deserved it.

however on to the more objective responses. i have not stated anywhere that i am an expert on how to become a japanese citizen. i have no experience of it nor do i work for or as a immigration solicitor. that is why i am referring to actual sources. the law from MoJ is difficult to question i reckon u will have to agree with, the source of Mr Artwinkle (?) is i believe (!) rather trustworthy. had i been an expert i would have told it in my own words.

tenchu, would u believe me if i said i wasn't? (as someone u were referring to earlier in the post) addition after tenchu replied below: tenchu, try this. compare me with the person u think i am! it seemed from the very brief description that he was arrogant and wrong, however while i am arrogant i am not wrong.

anrakushi, i loved ur reply, mind if i nick it? speaking of "nick", if ppl find me arrogant, what do they think of ur nick?

Last edited by blimp : 02-24-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added "immigration solicitor" part