JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Haven (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Haven
The Way to Become A Japanese Citizen - 01-03-2008, 03:54 AM

I'm wondering what the requirements are to become one, if anybody could help, that'd be awesome!

Haven
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

01-03-2008, 04:40 AM

there is a thread on this topic where it was well discussed do a search and your answers will be found ^^
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

01-03-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsugaki View Post
If you learn Japanese, and get three years of experience in translating, you will be able to get a working visa. After so many years, you can become a permanent resident.
Never have I seen such stupidity. Quit using two names and posting crap advice for people.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#4 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... This kind of thing is NEVER easy. Unless you have a profession that makes you appealing to the country or something, it will be hard. The best easy way is marriage.

Perhaps I am wrong, but wouldn't marriage just result in a spousal visa, not citizenship
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

01-03-2008, 10:36 AM

Check out the posts he made in this thread http://www.japanforum.com/forum/livi...t-college.html

He threw a fit after MMM and a few others called him out on his bad information (regarding visas/working in Japan), so he made another account with which he proclaimed to be a "Visa Approver" in order to back up his claims.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#6 (permalink))
Old
WolverineX (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 01:07 PM

Hey everyone. I ve found this website while searching something about japan and registered right away. (Like I have to say that and you wont notice that from the number of my posts lol)

Japan is one of the countries having foreign employee most in recent years but still a closed country to foreigners. It has the second economy in the world but never takes imigration although I assure you they need a hand in some fields. for instance the health sector simply sucks in Japan and apparently they need more physcians etc although they still keep decreasing the number of people working in hospitals for the sake of saving some money to close the gap in the government budget. Like they did it on our scholarships. The amount was reduced 4 times since I arrived in japan 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
... This kind of thing is NEVER easy. Unless you have a profession that makes you appealing to the country or something, it will be hard. The best easy way is marriage.
you mean the easiest way not the best way, trust me.
I have never seen anyone who got Japanese citizenship other than marriage. I dont say it is not possible but I havent met anyone who achieved that.

Give back to the community. Adopt a leech today!!!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Haven (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2008, 02:10 PM

So, basically I have to get a working visa and one of the best ways to get citizenship fast is to get married?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Haven (Offline)
JF Regular

01-04-2008, 06:23 AM

Alright then, I'll put that on my to do list. Thank you!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-04-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
Alright then, I'll put that on my to do list. Thank you!
I am not sure why "citizenship" would be more appealing than "permanent residency".

Marriage does not give you citizenship (this is true in the US, too).

What I do know is that becoming a Japanese "citizen" is a long an not-highly recommended process. I think what you want is permanent residency. (I mean, do you really WANT to vote in Japanese elections?)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-04-2008, 06:33 AM

Go easy, guys. This isn't the same J-O from the "Working in Japan without a college degree" guy.