JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
nekochan94 (Offline)
New to JF

workin in japan as an anime artist - 02-12-2008, 03:50 PM

konnichiha mina san!
watashi wa jenny im from america i like japan very much and im good in drawing so i thought if i could work in japan as an anime artist coz i can draw well and i know some little japanese too and i LOVE japan its a heaven i WANT TO GO THEREEEE ^___^
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-12-2008, 04:21 PM

I find it interesting how you can love someplace you'd never been. ^^
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-12-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan94 View Post
konnichiha mina san!
watashi wa jenny im from america i like japan very much and im good in drawing so i thought if i could work in japan as an anime artist coz i can draw well and i know some little japanese too and i LOVE japan its a heaven i WANT TO GO THEREEEE ^___^
can you draw well, according to japanese standards?
Are you willing to spend your life CUTTING AND PASTING?
is japan only about anime?
why is it heaven?
I heard a foreign girl got murdered there- is that still heaven?

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nekochan94 (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2008, 04:41 PM

oh i can draw nice ive been practisin from a manga drawing tutorial book wich i found from library and what u mean by copy and pasting :3 japan feels like heaven coz there is so much romance and good looking boys and their so cute and people always welcome you in japan!!
omg was a girl murdered there?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan94 View Post
oh i can draw nice ive been practisin from a manga drawing tutorial book wich i found from library and what u mean by copy and pasting :3 japan feels like heaven coz there is so much romance and good looking boys and their so cute and people always welcome you in japan!!
omg was a girl murdered there?
Have you been to japan then?

manga and anime are different things
cutting and pasting is basically what a manga artist does all day.

look, i commend you for your enthusiasm, but you are alittle bit too naiive to think that it's heaven. Not everyone is friendly and cute and there are equally good looking boys any where else in the world, there are large numbers of bad guys, perverts and jerks in japan. The yakuza would kill you if you disagreed with them.

we're just saying that japan isn't an entirely lovely place. it can be beutiful, but some things just aren't like murder and rape. It's not heaven, heaven is a place where all good people are and no bad incidents happen- japan is not that.

how do you know there is so much romance, in fact, statistics show that there is a youth crisis in japan, people don't want to marry. THEY DONT WANT ROMANCE, they want singledom

I strongly advise you to get a grip of yourself and learn some common sense and a few facts about Japan first before even making your ambitions as a manga/anime artist.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
nekochan94 (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2008, 06:35 PM

lol
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-12-2008, 08:21 PM

Being an anime or manga artist in Japan is very difficult. You will need to have an established job (i.e. English teacher) before you can begin to try and pursue that dream. There are tons of English teaching opportunities, and that is going to be your best "in" if you want to live in Japan.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dirtybob (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I have to agree with Yinnie here. Japan may seem like the perfect place for you, but remember that people everywhere are just people. For every soft and cute aspect, like Hello Kitty, there is a dark side.

I read a while back about a Nihongin who asked an American woman to his place to have a private English lesson. If I remember correctly they found her dead in his bathroom days later.

Your enthusiasm is great, but dial it down a bit and research a little more before you jump in with both feet. I too would like to live and work in Japan. So, i have been reading all I can about it, both the good and the bad. Also, like me you might want to plan a semi-long stay there just to get the feel for the place.

People here and on other boards/blogs have said over and over that working Japan as an English teacher can be done by almost any native English speaker. But trying to find work in another field requires a high knowledge of both written and spoken Japanese.

Just some things to think about.

DB
(#9 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
02-13-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybob View Post
I read a while back about a Nihongin who asked an American woman to his place to have a private English lesson. If I remember correctly they found her dead in his bathroom days later.
Aside from the rape in Shibuya on the news today, this caught my attention from 2 days back for being particularly grusome...

TOKYO — Three people were found dead at a home in Tokyo's Adachi Ward on Monday afternoon, while a 15-year-old boy found at the scene with his hands cut off at the wrist and the back of his head caved in has fallen into a coma after being rushed to a hospital, police said.

The three are believed to be Toru Sasaki, 52, his wife Kazuko, 49, and Sasaki's mother Tokuko, 84, while the boy is Sasaki's son, who is a first-year student in high school, police said.

All were found bleeding, and a bloodstained ax was discovered in the house, according to police.

The boy was quoted as telling the police before he lost consciousness, "My father did it to me," while a note with blood, believed to have been written by Sasaki, was found in the house, which suggested he would commit murder-suicide.

Police believe the ax to be the murder weapon, they said.

The boy's 18-year-old brother was not at home at the time the situation transpired.

A passersby found blood draining from a shutter of the house, and informed police.

Sasaki was involved in a business for selling and repairing used machines, according to his neighbors
(#10 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-13-2008, 03:14 AM

I was in Japan when this case happened... it was huge news, dominating water cooler talk and the media for a long time:

Sakakibara Seito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 14 year old boy killed an 11 year old boy and 10 year old girl, and took the boy's decapitated head to school, mounting it on the school's front gate with a note in the mouth. Police were stumped for quite a while as to who did it, and kept looking for an adult. Finally they realized it was this little kid...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan