JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-20-2008, 05:57 AM

opps i forgot to put the "do not often" .. if im not mistaken with the map, the entrance to that shotengai is the Namco game center.. I have not fully explored till the end of that shotengai .. if im not that lazy this weekend might try to check it out...

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#12 (permalink))
Old
osakaboi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2008, 03:25 PM

samokan - "it was on the same store that sell anime toys" > u mean "mandarake"? i went there, it got lots of manga sets but unfortunately there's no what i want. i'll try the one at juso, thank u for advice.

samurai007 - thanks a lot for picture. the circle building is replace by "Namba Parks"(actually it's shopping mall with parks on top). i'll take the pictures and show u in couple days. by the way, what is "shotengai" that u guys talking about?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osakaboi View Post
samokan - "it was on the same store that sell anime toys" > u mean "mandarake"? i went there, it got lots of manga sets but unfortunately there's no what i want. i'll try the one at juso, thank u for advice.

samurai007 - thanks a lot for picture. the circle building is replace by "Namba Parks"(actually it's shopping mall with parks on top). i'll take the pictures and show u in couple days. by the way, what is "shotengai" that u guys talking about?
Yes, Mandarake! That was the name of the Umeda store! I couldn't remember till you said the name. So it's still there? That's good to know. But they didn't have what you are looking for? If you don't mind saying, just what are you looking for? Because Mandarake is (well, was) one of the best stocked used manga shops I knew of in Japan. If what you are looking for is still fairly new, have you tried asking a new manga shop to special order it for you?

I just (re-)learned the meaning of "shotengai" myself (I've forgotten so much Japanese in 10 years). It is the word for the covered shopping arcades.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#14 (permalink))
Old
osakaboi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-21-2008, 10:05 AM

here's the pics of namba parks area, sorry i got some problems with pics upload.

Flickr: Photos from pantip2345

i'm looking for おれは鉄兵 by ちば てつや. mandarake got other mangas of ちば てつや but not this one.

for special order at manga store, usually do u have to pay other fees other than the book price? or do they got minimum order?