JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM

In the US, you can't attend college/university at all unless you've graduated from high school or have some equivalent of a high school diploma. High school is like a pre-requisite for college, I guess you could say. I don't think any school, here in the US anyway, allows students to attend any post-graduate school without having finished high school. The only exception I can think of, are high school students who take AP subjects, and just take them at a college campus as opposed to a high school one. I don't know how it is in Canada, though.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
iKira (Offline)
New to JF

03-22-2008, 02:12 AM

The Education System over in the U.S. is about the same as over here in Canada. But the path I'm gonna be taking is gonna require alot of money, Haha. I'm still thinking about sticking to my plan, but the real issue is if I can handle all those subjects for the GED while learning Japanese at the same time, I'm a pretty lazy guy so I have some doubts with me actually pulling that off. XD

What I really need is motivation I guess, but at this point all I really wanna do is live in Japan, as for studying to become a Teacher, I still have mixed feelings. Sigh, guess I'll have to do some serious thinking and preparations for the new 3-4 months.