LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitsu View Post
Exactly! I hate it when people don't know that they have to work toward a goal. I also hate it when people assume everyone with a dream isn't willing to work for it! Aargh...

MMM, I could not have said it better myself. *sigh* back to practicing katakana...
I know! I agree! Some people think sucess will just come up and slap them in the face >.<
(#92 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-15-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I know! I agree! Some people think sucess will just come up and slap them in the face >.<
There is also the spoiled bunch who doesn't know how harsh reality is. While others think that they can chase their freedom by living a day that is"barely getting by" and continue to have big dreams that is out of their reach..
(#93 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
05-15-2008, 03:35 PM

That drives me nuts! And describes a few in my own family...
I work pretty damn hard to get the things I want. Mostly I don't get them, but not for lack of trying, I suppose...some things are really hard to get. "Working hard in school and having a little tiny job doesn't count," is what my mom says. Eck, "I work hard so I don't have to work so hard" (taken from my math teacher) I don't want to be forty and still trying to get my degree! (no offense) With three college courses plus my highschool courses and a job, I'm trying to get somewhere quickly so I can get my masters faster!

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#94 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-15-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiAlchemistNinja View Post
That drives me nuts! And describes a few in my own family...
I work pretty damn hard to get the things I want. Mostly I don't get them, but not for lack of trying, I suppose...some things are really hard to get. "Working hard in school and having a little tiny job doesn't count," is what my mom says. Eck, "I work hard so I don't have to work so hard" (taken from my math teacher) I don't want to be forty and still trying to get my degree! (no offense) With three college courses plus my highschool courses and a job, I'm trying to get somewhere quickly so I can get my masters faster!
Ha ha, lol. are you a Samurai, an Alchemist or a Ninja? You can't be all three, you can't be all three, especially when an Alchemist is considered to be peasent class back in the days

Anyways, good for you, you are walking down the right path. I mean regardless of which country you see yourself in, the degree is an added insurance, as i mention before, you need to get in the door, and the degree will be one thing that help you get your first step in...
(#95 (permalink))
Old
Ichirin (Offline)
WhenTheLeafSeared

Send a message via MSN to Ichirin
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM

I think if you completely control both english and japanese, and all involving aspects of the languages, you'll get a job in japan in no-time. English teachers are highly wanted there, and only foreigners can complete master the english language (since the "r" isen't used and most people think all l's are r's). Therefor,even if a school that already has an english teacher with even more experience in teaching, chanses are pretty high they will invite you to come work with them. But i guess, he's right for all other jobs that offer job-security (not musicians and other artists).

Starrin' & Teasin'
CandyHolic.

I like where you sleep,
When you sleep, next to me.
I like where you sleep... here

Our lips, can touch
And our cheeks, can brush
Our lips can touch here
(#96 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Ha ha, lol. are you a Samurai, an Alchemist or a Ninja? You can't be all three, you can't be all three, especially when an Alchemist is considered to be peasent class back in the days

so many say that, but i am. I would be =)

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#97 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichirin View Post
I think if you completely control both english and japanese, and all involving aspects of the languages, you'll get a job in japan in no-time. English teachers are highly wanted there, and only foreigners can complete master the english language (since the "r" isen't used and most people think all l's are r's). Therefor,even if a school that already has an english teacher with even more experience in teaching, chanses are pretty high they will invite you to come work with them. But i guess, he's right for all other jobs that offer job-security (not musicians and other artists).
Nobody THINKS the L sounds like an R... Japanese people have just grown up without any need to pronounce such a sound which causes the problem
(#98 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-16-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
Nobody THINKS the L sounds like an R... Japanese people have just grown up without any need to pronounce such a sound which causes the problem
I don't think its a "problem", but more so a minor inconvenience....
(#99 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

05-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Yay! Thread is stuck! *dances*

Oh, well. I'm willing to give up the 'l' sound for a language that makes sense. English makes no sense!

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#100 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2008, 04:32 AM

A word about online universities. News recently is that many online universities are not being considered as "accredited" in Japan, even if they are accredited in other countries. University of Phoenix is one of those mentioned as not being recognized as accredited by Japan.

I do think this is somewhat a shame, because even online universities are expensive to attend. There are state institutions which have online programs that are truly accredited and recognized as such by Japan, so do some research before enrolling in an online university.