JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
samsaf (Offline)
New to JF

I'm a 4 year Graduate who wanna do a masters degre in Japan... for free! - 07-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Dear Everyone,

I gotta stay that i really enjoyed the "Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan."

But this is the thing: Even if you do graduate from College and wanna study in Japan, it is too expensive. I mean, it is much more easier for some to go and study in Germany (you only need to get accepted, since the univerities here are for free)

But I love Japan, it has been a life long dream for me. I wanna know about the graduate level eduation status in Japan...
1) it is easy to get accepted there?
2) are the scholarship so hard to come by (I have a poor undergraduate record, but I have 4 years experiance in the oil and gas engineering industry and electrical eng.)
3) any success stories you heard about ppl coming to japan to do their garduate studies?

thanks guys n girls!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-06-2008, 09:58 PM

I don't know any non-Japanse that has gone to graduate school in Japan, but I wonder, if you want to live in Japan, why go to school there? You could find a job and make money rather than spend it.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-07-2008, 12:53 PM

University is free in Germany? To everyone that got accepted or only the locals?

The thread you read suggested a "COLLEGE (University) DEGREE", NOT ones from Japan specifically.

And yes studying in Japan is very expensive if you have no income, but wouldn't that be the same wherever you go?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miak (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't know any non-Japanse that has gone to graduate school in Japan, but I wonder, if you want to live in Japan, why go to school there? You could find a job and make money rather than spend it.
You obviously don't know to many people then.

1) it is easy to get accepted there?

Depends. Are you fluent in Japanese?

2) are the scholarship so hard to come by?
No, there are quite a few. That is not to say that competition isn't fierce though.

3) any success stories you heard about ppl coming to japan to do their garduate studies?

Personal Accounts

Those may be for undergraduate study...I was to lazy to read through them at 1:54 in the morning.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-12-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miak View Post
You obviously don't know to many people then.
You are obviously a better informed source than me. I obviously don't know "to" many people.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miak (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You are obviously a better informed source than me. I obviously don't know "to" many people.
I don't see how anybody could expect perfect grammar from an internet forum. You are obviously not one of the most intelligent people, nor are you very mature.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miak View Post
I don't see how anybody could expect perfect grammar from an internet forum. You are obviously not one of the most intelligent people, nor are you very mature.
Miak, you came at me first.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miak (Offline)
New to JF

Re - 07-12-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Miak, you came at me first.
I was simply pointing out that you didn't know *too* many people if you had never seen a foreigner in Japanese graduate school. You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

(Feel free to correct any grammar/spelling in the above, I would be very grateful.)
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miak (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Interesting way to spell "Japanese".
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Miak, let's not play childish games.

I knew no and know no non-Japanese that have gone to grad school in Japan. Maybe my experience is unique, but that's all I can go by.