JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM

Thank you, Paul11 and MMM... And everyone else who realizes that I`m not trying to butcher this girl`s "dreams".

Quote:
Also it would be nice is some won actually stated the steps, all not just get a degree and job, LoL same shit as every won has said yet all have failed to actually say requirements, hmm.. I guess no won knows on this forum
You just don`t get it, do you. Those ARE the requirements. Those are necessary. They`re not a "path". Those are the things you need to do. You need a degree to get a job in order to get a visa.
I`m not going to give you a life plan. It`s up to you to get a degree and advance yourself. No one on this forum can help with that.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, people are all telling you the "same shit" because that IS what you need to do? If you`re looking for a path other than that, good luck because there really isn`t one. You said you were just "trying to get an idea" - I think that we`ve given you one, and you just don`t like it.

There is no real point in giving you detailed directions when you still have years to go before you are anywhere near being able to carry any of them out. Especially as laws change and are changing quite a bit these days.

Either way - I said that you are nowhere near the point that you should be thinking about citizenship. Which is, without a doubt, entirely true. I never said you shouldn`t go to Japan. I never said there was no hope or chance of you doing so. I said that you`re jumping way ahead of yourself and should focus on the steps in between. Dreams are great as a final goal to inspire you. But that`s not what you`re doing. You want detailed directions for the final distant step.

And you STILL haven`t answered my questions - Why do you want to live in a country you have never been to, know little about, and don`t speak the language of? If those are questions you cannot answer, you DO need to rethink things quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Yeah, things can get rough on this forum, but maybe you should consider why they may be so negative abpout your dream. Ask yourself, honostly if it's a reasonably attainable one. Maybe they are telling you it's almost impossible to do the way you invision it.
She asked how hard it would be - I told her that it was pretty much impossible as is, and that in order to make it possible, she should focus on those steps she CAN do now. Apparently this isn`t what she wanted to hear. Oh well.

Quote:
Nyororin and MMM are usualy pretty solid in thier assessments (except about Obama)
I haven`t been following the US election stuff, so I have no opinion on either side.

As a side note... If anyone wants to see me actually being mean to someone, do a search for posts by kawaiineko.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Thank you, Paul11 and MMM... And everyone else who realizes that I`m not trying to butcher this girl`s "dreams".

You just don`t get it, do you. Those ARE the requirements. Those are necessary. They`re not a "path". Those are the things you need to do. You need a degree to get a job in order to get a visa.
I`m not going to give you a life plan. It`s up to you to get a degree and advance yourself. No one on this forum can help with that.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, people are all telling you the "same shit" because that IS what you need to do? If you`re looking for a path other than that, good luck because there really isn`t one. You said you were just "trying to get an idea" - I think that we`ve given you one, and you just don`t like it.

There is no real point in giving you detailed directions when you still have years to go before you are anywhere near being able to carry any of them out. Especially as laws change and are changing quite a bit these days.

Either way - I said that you are nowhere near the point that you should be thinking about citizenship. Which is, without a doubt, entirely true. I never said you shouldn`t go to Japan. I never said there was no hope or chance of you doing so. I said that you`re jumping way ahead of yourself and should focus on the steps in between. Dreams are great as a final goal to inspire you. But that`s not what you`re doing. You want detailed directions for the final distant step.

And you STILL haven`t answered my questions - Why do you want to live in a country you have never been to, know little about, and don`t speak the language of? If those are questions you cannot answer, you DO need to rethink things quite a bit.

She asked how hard it would be - I told her that it was pretty much impossible as is, and that in order to make it possible, she should focus on those steps she CAN do now. Apparently this isn`t what she wanted to hear. Oh well.

I haven`t been following the US election stuff, so I have no opinion on either side.

As a side note... If anyone wants to see me actually being mean to someone, do a search for posts by kawaiineko.
save your calories. You answered her questions, she doesn't like the answer. don't sweat it.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2008, 02:33 PM

Here you go, Pray. Sorted.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket.jpg (29.6 KB, 34 views)

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる

Last edited by Wasabista : 08-31-2008 at 02:49 PM.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-31-2008, 04:29 PM

Pray, years ago, I always dreamed of moving to Japan and all that, but as for being a citizen there, I was iffy on because, mainly, I'd never actually been there before and don't know how regular daily life is there. I honestly still don't fully know because I still have never lived there (but in my case, I could never actually see me getting a citizenship there; if it turns out I like it there a lot, I could see me getting permanent residency or something like that).

In your situation, you should do the four-year degree of your choice, and try getting a job over there, and actually living there for a while before you decide that you want to live there long enough for any kind of a citizenship. That's pretty much what the others were telling you. You are "jumping the gun", so to speak.

I'm sure no one wants to discourage you from your dream, but, you must approach it in a sensible and realistic way. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabista View Post

That was really unnecessary. >_>'
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
No, but it was fun.

She does no research, asks silly questions, and when people take the time to give detailed, thoughtful answers, she throws a hissy fit because she doesn't like the answers? Sorry, brings out the sarcastic b4st4rd in me.

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

08-31-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
No it pretty much was. Sorry.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 09-01-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
Darling. I dream to live in Japan too.

But you have to be able to distinguish Reality from a Dream. Which you had a problem doing so. I asked a similar question, and I did not take any offense from the responses because I know these people know more than I do, which is the main reason I asked.

You "wanted an idea" about living in Japan, right? And our wonderful darling Nyo, who has had the experience, has given up her time to give you valuable information. Yet, just because it isn't what you want to hear, you find it necessary to say that she didn't help.

Newsflash, kid. Not everything will go your way. Especially for living in Japan. I never meant my last post to seem offensive, I was giving advice from a fellow teenager who had dreams about Japan too. But this time I mean this. Your attitude is simply horrendous, you need to sort it out before even asking such questions again.
Yeah they know more than I do because they are there.

She has taken time which I appreciate, but I am not 100% and was wanting a idea of if i did do this what it would take, I didn't think people would be angered by this.

LoL, Ofc and obv. When people insult you and your being honest and they butcher it in come back to me and tell me if it was slightly discouraging

(\__/) Copy and Paste this cute little bunny into your
(='.'=) Signature so he can Dominate the World if you
(")_(") do not obey he will flatten your pillows
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 09-01-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

I'm in the process of a degree, I know no won can help. But basically get a degree>apply for jobs> get job and visa> go to Japanese bureau of immigration after all that and apply for permanent residency > then citizenship.? and a place top live comes somewhere in there? At least thats what I got from this post, online research and reading alot of post from other people.

[/quote]
Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, people are all telling you the "same shit" because that IS what you need to do? If you`re looking for a path other than that, good luck because there really isn`t one. You said you were just "trying to get an idea" - I think that we`ve given you one, and you just don`t like it. [/quote]

Well buy same shit i meant very incomplete shit in a discouraging way.

[/quote]
There is no real point in giving you detailed directions when you still have years to go before you are anywhere near being able to carry any of them out. Especially as laws change and are changing quite a bit these days. [/quote]

okie, plus the laws changing is actually helpful, in a getting ahead of yourself usually the laws would not change much in 2-4 years but if they do then that's helpful in that I will be looking in up more when the time comes[/quote]

[/quote]
Either way - I said that you are nowhere near the point that you should be thinking about citizenship. Which is, without a doubt, entirely true. I never said you shouldn`t go to Japan. I never said there was no hope or chance of you doing so. I said that you`re jumping way ahead of yourself and should focus on the steps in between. Dreams are great as a final goal to inspire you. But that`s not what you`re doing. You want detailed directions for the final distant step.[/quote]

Not detailed just a idea of how long and how hard. But I get your point

[/quote]
And you STILL haven`t answered my questions - Why do you want to live in a country you have never been to, know little about, and don`t speak the language of? If those are questions you cannot answer, you DO need to rethink things quite a bit.[/quote]

My family knows alot, I have had this dream since I was a young child, and i'm learning Japanese but had to transfer out of the class at my school so i'm being tutored by one of the Japanese girls at my school.

As a side note... If anyone wants to see me actually being mean to someone, do a search for posts by kawaiineko. [/quote]

(#49 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^_^ - 09-01-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:

LoL, I was not asking for a quick stupid solution but I'll sen my neighbors dog on that flight.

(#50 (permalink))
Old
Pray (Offline)
JF Regular

^-^ - 09-01-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
No, but it was fun.

She does no research, asks silly questions, and when people take the time to give detailed, thoughtful answers, she throws a hissy fit because she doesn't like the answers? Sorry, brings out the sarcastic b4st4rd in me.
Actually I do do research, when I get the chance which may only be 4 or 5 hours a week but I do put effort in when i do it. Explain silly? I wasn't throwing a hissy fit, I was explaining it seemed like people were being discouraging but compared to you every won is amazing.