Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
Uhm, maybe financially.
But you'll still need A LOT.
I believe at least $20,000 USD
to even get the Visa.
And then there's the tuition, etc.

D'you even know Japanese first off?
Where did you get that from? 20K to get the Visa? Like the others said, MMM probably has more info, but I have a serious doubt over this 20K number

Immigration paper work to the US didn't even cost that much
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Or do an exchange year. Wayy cheaper.

なんでやねん!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ACN (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to ACN
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Where did you get that from? 20K to get the Visa? Like the others said, MMM probably has more info, but I have a serious doubt over this 20K number

Immigration paper work to the US didn't even cost that much
I think he mean the "safe" money that you need to get the visa suported.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
IaminLoveWithU (Offline)
New to JF

Extra info - 09-11-2008, 12:47 AM

yes i have i have been researching and this is some things i gound about visa's and jobs or w.e .... i am going to go to college by studing abroad with an american college... (im already going as a foreign xchange my sr. yr in highschool) so i will b some wat fluent im also getting a scuba instructor's license so i can have a kool job if i go down there!!!

To work full-time in Japan, you first need to have at least a Bachelor's degree in any field (or prove you have at least 10 years of experience in some industry), then find a company or school that agrees to hire you. You can apply for a visa in or out of Japan, but to change a landing permit into a work visa, with very few exceptions, you need to get it at a Japanese embassy or consulate outside of Japan. Many people come to Japan on a 90 day landing permit (in many countries now, the "tourist visa" is outmoded--also the Japanese Immigration may ask to see your air ticket to show that you don't plan to illegally overstay your landing permit), find a company/school that will sponsor them for a visa, wait around 3 weeks to get a "Certificate of Eligibility", then leave Japan to get the visa, which is typically valid for 1-3 years. (Renewals can be done in Japan). Most people fly to Korea for this. You can also get a Working Holiday Visa, if you're Canadian, British, Australian, New Zealander, or German (no, Americans are not elgible). One can also enroll in a language, martial arts, or other accredited school and get a student visa which allows you to work up to 20 hrs/week legally (there is a separate form from Immigration you'll need to fill out). To get a student visa however, many times the Immigration Dept. will demand that you have at least one million yen in a Japanese bank account, and to see your college diploma (the real one or certified copy, no photocopies). In either case, you will need a guarantor for your visa -- usually your company/school can act as one for you; if they won't, you'll need someone (often they'll demand he be a Japanese man) with a stable job and salary who'll be one for you. Your new cute girlfriend or that cool dude you hang out with will not be acceptable.

The only other viable legal options to work in Japan are through a spouse visa by marrying a Japanese, or a dependent visa by being married to a foreigner in Japan who is legally working full time.

in passion we find our heart
in conviction we find our strength
in love we find our soul
in truth we find our beauty
in existence we find our mortality
in pain we find our resilience
in hate we find our defence
in another we find part of ourselves
_-_utube lol
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

09-11-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACN View Post
I think he mean the "safe" money that you need to get the visa suported.
Yeah.
Who the hell would pay a $20K visa?

I meant you need to prove you have
$20K minimum in the bank when you're
applying for the visa.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Pacal (Offline)
New to JF

Help! - 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM

I am a 18 years old guy from Hungary. My dream and my aim is to get to Japan, and to learn martial arts from experienced teachers. The next year I want to go to an academy where I can acquire the basics of the Japanese language, but I feel it will be a waste of my time. I wish I could to go to Japan in a year! I want to learn the language, the culture and mostly the martial arts. That's everything to me. I don't care, if it's just 2 or 3 years... I would work hard to make this time enough for advance. Please, if anybody knows a chance for me to go to Japan and reach my goal, please write me an e-mail! It's very important to me! My email adress: awfulstorm@freemail.hu
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Luciferos (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Luciferos Send a message via MSN to Luciferos Send a message via Yahoo to Luciferos
09-18-2008, 09:22 PM

Hei, youre not alone.
Im currently a junior in highschool, and Ive been planning to study college in japan ever since middle school as well.
My parents are aware of the cost, but money isnt a problem.
Ive also looked up the colleges im elegible to attend, and theyve got a lot of programs for foreigners and etc.
Japan offers a lot of services for foreigners so im sure its not gonna be as tough as i think to live there.
Ill be attending a college that has a connection with one of the colleges in japan that ive been planning to attend; and the idea is to do 2 years of college here in the US, and the other 2 in japan. Basically the 4 year plan, but in two different countries. I asked one of my teachers thats been lived on japan as well and this is what she suggested.

Also, if youre still in school, talk with your councelor, she/he will sort everything out, it helped me a lot.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
thalia4 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Location: Somewhere in the world maybe JP. " A fatal attraction to CUTENESS" HL
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockPikachu View Post
Most people (like me) want to live in Japan.

I know I need a 4-year degree, but I've heard of some schools in Japan that let American students in. So does that mean you can live in Japan and go to college there, too?
i know this one that they speak english in osaka i think here the website 関西外大

Abdc
*Quest Crew & Beat Freaks*
*Fan of the Cocky Guys & So real*
*GACKT FAN CLUB ME & VAMPIRE CLAN*
NARUTO FAN CLUB FAMILY
Me(sakura), Narutoluvr(misa),zachart(Ichigo),ariana,Silveremperial(sora)kiyuga(nara),sm ilexfreak7( vampire princess),xrachellex (Miyuki),rukamency,lulu,totorono,Auran,Orihimegirl,katchan6 (mello),Sakurasan, KittyKyo,drummachick
(#29 (permalink))
Old
mangafreak (Offline)
EAT THE CAKE!

College - 09-27-2008, 08:40 PM

i totally want to go to college in Japan, because i want to go to a really good art school, and i think since manga originated in Japan, That would be the best place to go? Any suggestions of colleges?...

"Why waste good technology on science and medicine? Play video games instead."
(#30 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Eeeen! I have always dreamed of going to Tokyo University!

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!