JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

Teaching license in Japan - 12-14-2008, 03:41 AM

Does anyone know what the qualifications are to recieve a teaching license in Japan. I'm currently a year away from recieving my BA in history and plan on going to graduate school for a masters in ecducation. Do you have to take a special test once I recieve my masters in education to be a certified teacher in Japan or earning my masters in education enough. I would like to teach at public or private high school in Japan. I know you dont need to have a teaching license to teach at private school in Japan but you do if you plan on teaching at public school in Japan which is my main goal. If anyone has any links on qualifications to become a certified teacher in Japan please share them it would be most appreciated.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-14-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker8880231 View Post
Does anyone know what the qualifications are to recieve a teaching license in Japan. I'm currently a year away from recieving my BA in history and plan on going to graduate school for a masters in ecducation. Do you have to take a special test once I recieve my masters in education to be a certified teacher in Japan or earning my masters in education enough. I would like to teach at public or private high school in Japan. I know you dont need to have a teaching license to teach at private school in Japan but you do if you plan on teaching at public school in Japan which is my main goal. If anyone has any links on qualifications to become a certified teacher in Japan please share them it would be most appreciated.
Do you speak Japanese?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

12-14-2008, 03:15 PM

There is a test, only available in Japanese. I would imagine you need to be beyond a level 1 JLPT in Japanese comprehension to pass it.

However if you hold a license in the US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you are qualified to work in private international schools. I would highly recommend going that route versus a Japanese school.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-15-2008, 08:13 AM

There are a couple of prefectures in Japan who are/were offering a program to certify foreign teachers. They were advertising in Gaijinpot and couple of other places. It was a good program because it allowed one to work as an ALT (with decent pay), while the board of education provided training and assistance obtaining a normal teaching certification, much like the "teaching fellows" program in America.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-16-2009, 01:19 AM

Does anyone know what the name of this program is or the website for the program.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-16-2009, 01:33 AM

Can someone please help me find information on this program it sounds very interesting and would be much appreciated.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

01-16-2009, 04:21 AM

Poor Japanese children.... Someone who blatantly makes the following racist statement about them and their families now wants to come over to educate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker8880231 View Post

Japanese are clever little bastards if you dont watch yourself the first chance they get they will screw you over just the way things are over there.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-16-2009, 06:40 AM

'nuff said
Closed Thread