LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

02-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
I sort of expected this kind of reaction to BratGaki's post. Kirakira may have some good points, but also seems to demonstrate a lack of reading comprehension in favour of the time-honoured tradition of tearing down another's aspirations because all that is chosen to be seen is what the person wants to see.
Koir, I'm stating the facts.

As someone stated earlier, you know those annoying immigrants that come to the US who doesn't speak English and annoys the hell out of everyone, well that's you if you are in Japan with only a few words under the belt.

I've seen the lives of overseas students in Japan and their counterparts in western countries and believe me it is tons harsher in Japan than immigration based countries (US, Canada, Australia, NZ etc.). I don't want to give anybody illusions.

Of course if you have unlimited cash, Japan would be like heaven but then again that applies to almost any other country.

I'm curious on how you would have responded. Care to share your adventures in Japan and how you coped might be more constructive.

Last edited by kirakira : 02-04-2009 at 11:06 PM.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
I have done days worth of studying on Japan, and I still want to live there. But I also despise (hate) America. But I'm glad you enjoy it MMM ^_^
for gods sake here we go.If you dont have anything informative to add to the discussion at hand besides "i hate America" then why bother posting at all?

Sigh somewhere between pg 1 and page 9 the thread has divulged from it origins. I would ask that some re- read MMM first post before posting.

Last edited by Sinestra : 02-04-2009 at 11:00 PM.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
02-04-2009, 10:58 PM

MMM you are right. I think people should appretiate the place they live more than they do. It is idiotic to want to live somewhere you have never been to. It is the same thing with people saying they don't want to live somewhere even though they know nothing about it. I have heard many people say that they don't want to live in Germany because Germans are "communists" and "drunks". It makes me mad to hear those things because I am from Germany and none of these things are true at all.

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!
(#84 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-04-2009, 11:24 PM

If you hate America, the best thing to do is spend 6 months or a year or two away from America. I guarantee you'll find a new appreciation for home and the things you hate will seem like not that big a deal any more.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-04-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you hate America, the best thing to do is spend 6 months or a year or two away from America. I guarantee you'll find a new appreciation for home and the things you hate will seem like not that big a deal any more.
I dont think many people will realize that MMM till they leave the nest. I know i found a new appreciate for home when i started my travels 15 years ago.

(#86 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-05-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't hate America necissarily, I just hate some momories. People assume I'm a high school geek wanting to go japan for craps and giggles, but I've lived in Sapporo, Hokkaido for 4 years, then I was forced to move back to America. So.... I know what I'm talking about. Those four years were the best years of my life.

I'm not some japan obsessed otaku. :P

猿も木から落ちる
(#87 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

02-05-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By kirakira
As someone stated earlier, you know those annoying immigrants that come to the US who doesn't speak English and annoys the hell out of everyone, well that's you if you are in Japan with only a few words under the belt.
How much college Japanese will I need to take to be fluent enough? I don't mean to get off-topic, but it's really important. The best I can do here in boring Kentucky is get a certificate, so for the last few years I have been teaching myself from books and websites (I am a senior in high school right now). How much more will I need?

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)

Last edited by YoshimiTheEthereal : 02-05-2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: I made a mistake and put "minor" instead of "certificate".
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

02-05-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
I don't hate America necissarily, I just hate some momories. People assume I'm a high school geek wanting to go japan for craps and giggles, but I've lived in Sapporo, Hokkaido for 4 years, then I was forced to move back to America. So.... I know what I'm talking about. Those four years were the best years of my life.

I'm not some japan obsessed otaku. :P
I guess it goes both ways i have Japanese friends who wouldn't go back to Japan if you paid them and these are people in early and mid 30's not teenager. Howeverm when they have to go back they just reapply for a visa and come right back. Home is the where the heart is i guess.

Im sorry have experienced situations like what you have stated. I believe this a common occurrence in every country i had my fair share of i guess you could say unfavorable events in Japan but not enough to make me hate the whole country. Indivduals are fairly smart and open minded groups of people are usually sheep.

If you have lived in Japan before and you want to go back then you have already know what its like to live there you are not like majority of the forum members here you have already expereinced it and want to live it on daily basis and thats great.

I didnt mean to jump all over you before but i hate seeing things like i hate the US or i hate Germany any country for that matter. There are countries i like more than others but i dont feel hating a country is really warranted in most place unless that particular country as a whole went out of its way to inconvenience you in someway.

Last edited by Sinestra : 02-05-2009 at 03:51 AM.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-05-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I guess it goes both ways i have Japanese friends who wouldn't go back to Japan if you paid them and these are people in early and mid 30's not teenager. Howeverm when they have to go back they just reapply for a visa and come right back. Home is the where the heart is i guess.

Im sorry have experienced situations like what you have stated. I believe this a common occurrence in every country i had my fair share of i guess you could say unfavorable events in Japan but not enough to make me hate the whole country. Indivduals are fairly smart and open minded groups of people are usually sheep.

If you have lived in Japan before and you want to go back then you have already know what its like to live there you are not like majority of the forum members here you have already expereinced it and want to live it on daily basis and thats great.

I didnt mean to jump all over you before but i hate seeing things like i hate the US or i hate Germany any country for that matter. There are countries i like more than others but i dont feel hating a country is really warranted in most place unless that particular country as a whole went out of its way to inconvenience you in someway.
I agree with you 100% my friend!!

猿も木から落ちる
(#90 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

02-05-2009, 04:22 AM

From hatred, new hatred is spawned! Then, there is war! And more sin! Evil! Sorry . . . I couldn't resist.

People shouldn't say they hate countries entirely. That would be like me saying I hate Kentucky. I don't. I hate living here and I hate that I have no opportunities and no people with common interests, but I have family and there are people like me somewhere here . . . I guess . . .

Hatred is bad!

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)