LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Uh-oh! I wonder what they would think of someone that came out to one of these dinners but didn't drink any alcohol... I don't drink alcohol at all!
You are a growing breed, so these days it wouldn't be something to worry about as much. If you are from the older generation it might have been a bit of a barrier. Although you might not get invited as much if you sit in the corner and drink tea, would you really enjoy hanging out with a bunch of drunkards? (Not that every company dinner is a drunk-fest...)
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Several teachers drank only tea, but they were still expected to participate in the silliness. It might have been easier for them; they could mock the rest of us with their wits untarnished by alcohol consumption.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-23-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You are a growing breed, so these days it wouldn't be something to worry about as much. If you are from the older generation it might have been a bit of a barrier. Although you might not get invited as much if you sit in the corner and drink tea, would you really enjoy hanging out with a bunch of drunkards? (Not that every company dinner is a drunk-fest...)
Thats a relief! As for the hanging around a bunch of drunkards, lol, I don't mind at all... I do it often with friends in London. It's actually a lot of fun pretending to be drunk; it's cheaper and you don't get the after effects! Plus, I'm always the designated driver, or at least, designated take everybody home person!