JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zangachi (Offline)
New to JF

the amount of gaijin - 06-20-2009, 07:55 AM

peace

i only want to know from the people living in japan, the amount of gaijin in japan whether they are permanent residents or temporary residents from how often you meet or see them?

i would like to know it from people that have moved around the country a lot and not only stayed in one location but you can also give me your views on it

i feel like japan is a country that is over-crowded with gaijin that are crazed by anime and other japanese things so they come leaving their countries and living in japan so they live with these things and it makes japan unliveable due to their large amount cause around 70% of the people i know in my location likes japan and wants to go japan and even the people i meet on the internet like forums or online games and even when i pass the japanese embassy i have to find like 10-30 young people coming out of the door or going into the door and everyone i ask where would they like to live tells me they want to live in japan including all of my cousins(related to each other or unrelated to each other) and friends

so is japan over-crowded with gaijin everywhere? is the situation bad due to this? if it's only increasing day by day by now.. how do you picture it in the future? and please correct me if i am wrong with kind words and don't be rash cause i'm only seeing this from what i see happening around me

thanks to the respectful replies

Last edited by zangachi : 06-20-2009 at 07:57 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-20-2009, 08:16 AM

You do know that the government in Japan WANTS people to live in the countryside? That said, how does the amount of foreigners make an country unlivable, can you say the same for the US? People like to pursue things they feel make them happy/satisfied, so is it wrong for them to live in Japan for the sub-culture they like (Depends on how much reality they know on the subject)?

the little Anime craze is an very strong culture that extends to a lot of areas. Due to the fact that Japan is the homeland of such things, it does tend to attract people who want to live there by that reason alone.

In the future Japan will almost get greedy for Immigrants, birthrate is incredibly low (unless that is fixed Japan would not be able to sustain the way it is).

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
zangachi (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 08:21 AM

thank you for the reply solemnclockwork

it is not wrong that people want to live with what they like and it was not what was the matter for me, what i felt was unfortunate was i thought that japan was over-crowded due to how i see people from all over the world including the US wanting to live there which made me think (laugh if you have to ):

the streets, you can't walk
the shops, you can't enter
the bathrooms, you have to fight for your turn
the lands, all are taken

..and things like that, please don't get me wrong, i don't only think about myself

the reply changed my view

thanks again and hoping to get more replies
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-20-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zangachi View Post

i feel like japan is a country that is over-crowded with gaijin
No part is over-crowded with gaijin. Even at Disneyland you will see more Japanese people than foreigners.

Quote:
that are crazed by anime and other japanese things so they come leaving their countries and living in japan so they live with these things and it makes japan unliveable due to their large amount
Your use of punctuation is...interesting.

Almost none of the foreigners living in Japan live in Japan because of an anime-craze because Japan is not an amusement park. Just wanting to be there doesn't get you through the door. I have never meet an anime obsessed foreigner in japan

Quote:
cause around 70% of the people i know in my location likes japan and wants to go japan and even the people i meet on the internet like forums or online games
99.9% of those people will never live in Japan.

Quote:
and even when i pass the japanese embassy i have to find like 10-30 young people coming out of the door or going into the door and everyone i ask where would they like to live tells me they want to live in japan including all of my cousins(related to each other or unrelated to each other) and friends
???
Quote:
so is japan over-crowded with gaijin everywhere?
No.

Quote:
is the situation bad due to this?
What situation?
Quote:
if it's only increasing day by day by now.. how do you picture it in the future? and please correct me if i am wrong with kind words and don't be rash cause i'm only seeing this from what i see happening around me

thanks to the respectful replies
Japan will always be Japan. There is nothing any otaku can do to change that.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
zangachi (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

???
thanks for your reply MMM, it changed my view again

i forgot to say that i was being sarcastic, it was 5-10 people coming out or going in the embassy from time to time

i hope there are more respectful replies and to everyone, please reply with your knowledge not your feelings

Last edited by zangachi : 06-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-20-2009, 08:57 AM

i rarely see any foreigners except for me when i walk the streets. i saw a young australian couple yelling at eachother outside of a bar when i was walking around town (they must have thought i didn't understand english), but that was about it. japan is not overran by foreigners, even in tokyo i did not see but a hand full.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Of course the embassy and consulates are full of gaijin...that is to be expected.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
zangachi (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Lol, how did you know they were Australian?
i believe it must have been the accent
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
06-20-2009, 10:02 AM

The foreign population in Japan is 1 %. Of this 1% are 90% Koreans, wich makes "gaijin" around 0.1% so the answer is no.
I have travelled everywhere in Japan and the only place ive seen alot of foreigners is Tokyo (specially Roppongi and Akihabara), Kyoto/Nara, at the floating gate and one or the other occasion. I have been travelling in the countryside or even big cities of the beaten track and didnt meet foreigners for many days.
Like stated before, many people think they want to live here, but like MMM said 99% will never do. Because Japan is not that kind of country wich:
Is like in anime
Makes it easy for people to immigrant
is 100% foreigner friendly
does have 100000 of Otakus on the streets

I hope that helped to answer a bit more.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
zangachi (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
The foreign population in Japan is 1 %. Of this 1% are 90% Koreans, wich makes "gaijin" around 0.1% so the answer is no.
I have travelled everywhere in Japan and the only place ive seen alot of foreigners is Tokyo (specially Roppongi and Akihabara), Kyoto/Nara, at the floating gate and one or the other occasion. I have been travelling in the countryside or even big cities of the beaten track and didnt meet foreigners for many days.
Like stated before, many people think they want to live here, but like MMM said 99% will never do. Because Japan is not that kind of country wich:
Is like in anime
Makes it easy for people to immigrant
is 100% foreigner friendly
does have 100000 of Otakus on the streets

I hope that helped to answer a bit more.
thank you very much, it was helping indeed