JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

Do teachers get paid well in Japan? - 07-06-2009, 07:34 AM

Im majoring as a teacher here in the US and starting to learn more Japanese. I would really like to teach English and/or Spanish in Japan, and im just wondering if teachers get pay well in Japan. Im not asking for a huge amount of money, but just a decent amount to live well in Japan.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-06-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
Im majoring as a teacher here in the US and starting to learn more Japanese. I would really like to teach English and/or Spanish in Japan, and im just wondering if teachers get pay well in Japan. Im not asking for a huge amount of money, but just a decent amount to live well in Japan.
Yes. In my experience much better than teachers in the US.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Heather (Offline)
IamAmongNoOne.

07-06-2009, 08:10 AM

I would hate to be a teacher. Dealing with kids all day (regardless of age) for 8 hours would be too much for me to handle. Which is why im homeschooled.
little ones are crybabies, middle schoolers are wannabees, teens are asses, college students are annoying.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will never understand it.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ff7rockerman (Offline)
JF Regular

07-06-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I would hate to be a teacher. Dealing with kids all day (regardless of age) for 8 hours would be too much for me to handle. Which is why im homeschooled.
little ones are crybabies, middle schoolers are wannabees, teens are asses, college students are annoying.
not to be rude but i thought the same way to maby you should get out more lol

its always sunny in Philadelphia best show ever ^^

Last edited by Ff7rockerman : 07-06-2009 at 09:04 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

07-06-2009, 09:08 AM

I get paid a lot more than I probably would be willing to take for my job, honestly.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yes. In my experience much better than teachers in the US.
thanks. yeah over here in the states teachers dont get pay really well

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
lol . i like working with kids, so thats why i dont mind been a teachers. I prefer elementary kids.

--Jaka

(#8 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
All the more reason to respect the educators of our society.

Also, not every student is a notorious delinquent. There are some who are more than willing to learn which can make your work worthwhile. I hope to be a lecturer some time in the future. =)

To stay on topic:
I have no experience on how much teachers get paid in Japan but after doing some research of my own I found out that they get around 30-35 thousand dollars yearly. I believe it all depends on your sponsor/whoever hired you for the job.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOperandi View Post
All the more reason to respect the educators of our society.

Also, not every student is a notorious delinquent. There are some who are more than willing to learn which can make your work worthwhile. I hope to be a lecturer some time in the future. =)

To stay on topic:
I have no experience on how much teachers get paid in Japan but after doing some research of my own I found out that they get around 30-35 thousand dollars yearly. I believe it all depends on your sponsor/whoever hired you for the job.

do u think that wuold be a good amount to live well in Japan?

--Jaka

(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
do u think that wuold be a good amount to live well in Japan?
With that amount as a single person it was plenty. I was able to save quite a bit in three years, and still never missed an opportunity to travel and enjoy myself.