JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnniBirde3 (Offline)
New to JF

What is it realy like? - 08-03-2009, 11:21 AM

Ok im not sure if there is a thread for this already but i just needed to ask and i cant be bothered searching any more.
I have never lived on my own, still with the parents, im finishing Tafe soon and have been thinking about traveling for a long time. I was wondering if someone could tell me what living in Japan is realy like.
Like living costs, just the money itself confuses me.
And i realy wont to get out and be independent so i think saving up and traveling to Japan for a while would be something different. Though i dont plan on doing this till im settled here.
I hope im making sense?
Help would be so appreciated!!

AnnieBirde3
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-03-2009, 11:51 AM

If your on planet earth...aside from a few cultural differeances and laws..theres isn't anything thats too diiferent from what I've heard.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnniBirde3 (Offline)
New to JF

08-03-2009, 11:56 AM

i know there cant be that many diferences, but even within Australia i have found living in the bush like i do, i do many things different and Japan does seem so different (not in a bad way )

AnnieBirde3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniBirde3 View Post
I hope im making sense?
Not really... is this post even in English?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Not really... is this post even in English?
English? Yes. Understandable English? Debateable.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#6 (permalink))
Old
AnniBirde3 (Offline)
New to JF

08-04-2009, 06:01 AM

oops, sorry. Its funny, ive spoken english my entire life but i still make little sense when i speak.
Whats not making sense? let me see if i can re-word my gibberish

AnnieBirde3
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-04-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniBirde3 View Post
oops, sorry. Its funny, ive spoken english my entire life but i still make little sense when i speak.
Whats not making sense? let me see if i can re-word my gibberish
Try punctuation. Capitalize the necessary letters. Only use phrases which people actually use when they speak in real life. That should help.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-04-2009, 12:45 PM

What living in Japan is like varies greatly on what part of the country you are in. I spend my weeks living and working in the countryside, and I spend my weekends in Tokyo.

So far I enjoy living here very much. The people are polite and friendly, the cities are for the most part clean and safe. The food is good (though sometimes expensive), and there is always something new to see or do.

Television isn't all that great (not that I watched it much even before I came to Japan), unless you are an anime fan, baseball fan, or would-be cook.

The culture is interesting, but it's not my own. I can only enjoy it as a tourist or spectator. Coming to Japan does not make you Japanese, even if you learn the language, eat the food, and live the life.

Still, I have no regrets. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself very much when you come.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AnniBirde3 (Offline)
New to JF

08-05-2009, 09:54 AM

its funny Tenchu, im a writer and yet when im not penning something i just dont have time or want to do all that stuff. lol

Thanx Sangetsu much lov!!

AnnieBirde3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

08-05-2009, 12:00 PM

You know, I hear what Sangetsu says a lot. And frankly, I just don't agree. While I'll never be Japanese, ethnically, I already am very much acclimated to life in Japan. I will never stop being me, but a tourist or spectator only? Puh-leeze. I'm a very active participant. Japan is my home.

America was like a parallel universe, or a house of mirrors. Things were recognisable, but still very much wrong. Fun place to visit to see my friends and family, and partake of some activities or food I miss from my younger days, but I wouldn't want to live there.

:|