JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-22-2007, 06:35 PM

The person who posted the vid also has several more vids about racism in other countries (notably the U.S), but his/her vids are mainly about Japan. Either s/he has a fascination with racism, or s/he just doesn't like Japan and the U.S. much...

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#12 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-22-2007, 06:37 PM

I can't get over how so many people hate Japanese now based solely on that video, especially without researching Japan or ever meeting someone from that country
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-22-2007, 07:04 PM

Big deal. This video doesn't bother me. The Japanese people are very respectful, and a lot of non-Japanese aren't. They just don't want to deal with the drama of other people. And it is best when they can keep to themselves. I'm sure it's not all like that. So don't let it bother you too much guyz. (By the way, someone posted comments on youtube about the video. I think the first comment says it all.)
(#14 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Yeah, that was me, heh I couldn't stop myself, I just had to go over there and give them a piece of my mind. Feel better now that I've set the record straight.

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Unislkaijo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Unislkaijo Send a message via MSN to Unislkaijo
03-22-2007, 08:13 PM

awh! that hurts but i agree to what this person says on the comment that says ;

The reason foreigners who venture out alone (i.e. without the company of Japanese hosts/friends) in metropolitan Japan are sometimes barred from restaurants and other businesses has little to do with racism and more to do with a persistent fear among Japanese people that foreigners will not have enough knowledge of Japanese language and customs to cope on their own. (This is often also the case.) The Japanese are not racist, they're just not quite used to dealing with foreign visitors.

Japanese people are soo respectful to others, anyway i think thats just in onikawa they might not be used to foreigners that much as the japanese in tokyo

Last edited by Unislkaijo : 03-22-2007 at 08:15 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Eomer (Offline)
前途洋洋

03-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annelie82 View Post
It should also be pointed out that the reason that foreigners who venture out alone (i.e. without the company of Japanese hosts/friends) in metropolitan Japan are sometimes barred from restaurants and other businesses often has nothing to do with racism and more to do with the persistent fear that they will not have enough knowledge of Japanese language and customs to cope on their own. Usually, this is also the case.

~annelie
These signs are very rare, and what annelie says here probably accounts for 90% of them.
When you go into shops faces seem to lighten up noticeably, when you establish that you can speak some Japanese.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-24-2007, 08:37 PM

There was an American who wasn't allowed in a Japanese-only spa. Instead of going someplace else he made a fuss and sued the place. Now he has a website about how racist and bad Japan is (he has Japanese citizenship). You can find him by typing in his new Japanized name "Debito".
(#18 (permalink))
Old
luna2 (Offline)
HALO3 GAMER GIRL 4LIFE!

03-24-2007, 10:53 PM

i dnt think that vids true
its kinda lyk they dnt want unwanted guests comin in(sorta lyk u dnt want som1 u dnt lyk in ur house i guess)
but really i dnt think this vids to accuret som clips i cant even see

YOUR RIGHT NOTHING DOES LAST FOREVER, WE OBVIOUSLY PROVE THAT RIGHT

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/memb...-drawings.html
(#19 (permalink))
Old
limegreen (Offline)
JF's Katekyo Hitman

Send a message via AIM to limegreen
03-24-2007, 11:10 PM

i think the guy who made that vid was a little rasict himself imho

For those who knew I was gone, I'm back!

(\__/)
(='.'=) copy this dude in to ur siggy unless u can think of
(")_(") a reason not to. and then do it anyway
(#20 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-25-2007, 12:41 AM

Well, that video is supposed to show Japan's racism "problem. Supposedly the U.N. thinks it has a problem. (Sarcasm) Yeah...Darfur has nothing on Japan. Thank God we westerners live in places where people still get attacked and killed because of their skin color, and xenophobia and hate flow regularly across radio and television. (/Sarcasm)