JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Allison (Offline)
New to JF

09-05-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks all for your advice! I'll be sure to check out those places and brands once I'm there. Now I won't have to use valuable space in my luggage for something as mudane as shampoo.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-05-2010, 02:31 PM

I never use shampoo. Just use the same soap I use for the rest of me. Never had an issue. As far as I'm concerned all the different shampoos out there are just part of marketing hype to make billions off suckers.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-05-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
I never use shampoo. Just use the same soap I use for the rest of me. Never had an issue. As far as I'm concerned all the different shampoos out there are just part of marketing hype to make billions off suckers.
When I was 12 or 13, I got that idea in my head - that shampoo was just marketing hype, and if it was good enough to wash the rest of me, it was good enough to use on my hair too.

My guess is that you have very short hair. Do NOT try it with long hair. There is a huge difference.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If I used soap my hair would be a big nasty greasy frizzbomb My hair is almost waist length and it just doesn't work. Soap makes your hair greasy and diposits residue which kinda looks awful. For short hair or a guy, it's fine. For people with long hair it's a big no no.

I've tried a billion different types of shampoo on my hair, and if you ignore the marketing hype for just a sec, you'll notice that there ARE differences in how your hair turns out when using different shampoos.

I use a ton of stuff on my hair to tame it because it's so long. I use shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and 'heat protection.'
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-06-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Seems that would depend on the person. Forget the hair for a moment, what about proper scalp treatment? Basic soap might not work all that well with that.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

09-06-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
Seems that would depend on the person. Forget the hair for a moment, what about proper scalp treatment? Basic soap might not work all that well with that.
Never ever given 'basic scalp treatment' a single thought in my whole life. I don't actually know what it is. I wash my hair with normal soap up to a few times a week and have never worried one way or the other if my hair feels dry or greasy or whatever. Just not on my radar of things to worry about in this life!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Never ever given 'basic scalp treatment' a single thought in my whole life. I don't actually know what it is. I wash my hair with normal soap up to a few times a week and have never worried one way or the other if my hair feels dry or greasy or whatever. Just not on my radar of things to worry about in this life!
Well, it's good to have a healthy scalp and all that. I'm surprised, though, that I even came into this thread as how the subject in question can't apply to me in any way or form period. lol