JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Dogsbody, what you're describing in the UK is interesting. What you're saying is that if the parents were on drugs or something like that then the courts would be kind of against sending the kids to the grandparents, right? To me that kind of makes sense because if you think about it the parents that turned to drugs were raised by those grandparents... I know this isn't true some of the time, but I think that the way the grandparents raised their kids might have influenced their drug use... so why start the process all over again with the grand children? I've kind of seen that happen in America before...

" HI stephen, your comment about grandparents whose children go onto drugs.

"Now I am sure that many grand parents raise their own children well-- I tried but if my children had wanted to try Drugs etc, I could not have stopped them. Its not fair to think that because some people get hooked that it is their own parents fault. I do not know the reason why our social services try to prevent some grand parents taking charge of their gr, children if there is a problem with the actual parents. There have to be good reasons I sincerely hope. Many decisions are made in the Family Courts. But many close relatives have to really fight to have custody of their own gr children or nephews nieces etc. There have been so many protests because too often children are then taken to be adopted so the family never see that child again.

It is very complex."

[/quote]